Want to learn how to make delicious veggie croquettes? Although many avoid this recipe due to its high calorie content, there are healthy ways to prepare them from ingredients such as legumes, vegetables and grains. This time we want to share 3 options.
Croquettes are perfect to accompany main meals, or to indulge in a snack. It is a very versatile preparation, since in it you can combine many ingredients according to taste and imagination. Ready to try them? Let’s do it!
Vegetarian croquettes that you will want to include in your diet
Vegetarian croquettes are a good alternative for those who don’t like meat or who are trying to eat a healthier diet. Thanks to their interesting combination of ingredients, they are a good option to add an “extra” of essential nutrients to the diet.
1. Vegetarian mushroom and vegetable croquettes
The vegetarian mushroom and vegetable croquettes are low in calories and can be prepared both fried and baked. You can make them “open mouth” for your lunches or to be enjoyed on a special occasion. See the recipe below.
- ½ red pepper
- ½ leek
- Mushrooms (250g)
- 3 spoons of olive oil (60ml)
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg (3.5 g)
- ¼ teaspoon chopped parsley (3.5 g)
- Salt (2.5 g)
- ½ cup wholemeal flour (100 g)
- 2 tablespoons of corn starch (30 g)
- 2 cups of soy milk (500 ml)
For the breading:
- Wheat or corn flour
- 3 tablespoons of chickpea flour (45 g)
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar (20 ml)
- a pinch of salt
- Bread crumbs
- To start, cut the pepper, leek and mushrooms.
- Then, fry them in a pan with oil until they are golden brown. Add some salt and spices and mix.
- Then pour in the flour and lower the heat a little, continuing to mix.
- Dissolve the starch in one part soy milk, then add it to the pan.
- Keep stirring constantly until you get a thick cream.
- Remove the preparation from the heat and wait for it to cool down.
- Separately put the flour in a dish and in another dish the chickpea flour with the vinegar, salt and water.
- Keep mixing until you get a liquid cream.
- In another container pour the breadcrumbs.
- Form the croquettes with your hands. Roll them first in the flour, then in the liquid mixture, then again in the flour, again in the liquid mixture and finally in the breadcrumbs.
- When you have made all the croquettes you can freeze them.
- Heat plenty of olive oil and fry the croquettes until golden brown.
- Finally, remove the oil residues and serve them.
Vegetarian zucchini and cheese croquettes
Combining the properties and flavor of zucchini, cheese and other vegetable ingredients we can prepare delicious vegetarian croquettes for have fun with family. Even if you prefer a healthier recipe you can use vegan cheese.
- Zucchini (150g)
- ½ cup vegan cheese (100 g)
- 1 cup of flour (200 g)
- 2 cups of almond milk (500 ml)
- Extra virgin olive oil (if needed)
- Bread crumbs
- Salt, garlic powder and parsley
- First, wash and cut the courgettes.
- After that, pour it into a pan with hot oil and fry it until it softens.
- Gradually add the flour and mix the ingredients.
- After about two minutes, begin to incorporate the almond milk, lowering the heat to a minimum.
- Make sure you mix the ingredients well so that there are no lumps. Once you have obtained a homogeneous mass, add the previously grated cheese.
- Taste the preparation and adjust the salt.
- Remove from the heat and spread the dough on a plate to let it cool quickly.
- When it’s hot, put it in the fridge for a couple of hours so that it acquires more firmness.
- After this time, form the croquettes with your hands and cover them. You can prepare the batter with breadcrumbs, garlic powder and parsley.
- You can moisten them with more almond milk or beaten eggs.
- Finally, fry them in plenty of oil until they are golden brown.
Vegetarian artichoke croquettes
Besides being a vegetable Rich in health-promoting nutrients, the artichoke is very versatile and goes very well with other ingredients. For this reason we have decided to use it as a base for these delicious vegetarian croquettes.
- 10 artichokes
- 1 lemon
- 6 slices of bread soaked in milk
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 tablespoons of grated Parmesan (60 g)
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons of semolina (45 g)
- 1 teaspoon of chopped parsley (7 g)
- Breadcrumbs (if needed)
- salt and ground black pepper (to taste)
- First, pour the lemon juice into a pot of water and bring it to a boil.
- When it comes to a boil, add the previously peeled and cut artichokes. Cook them for 20 minutes.
- After the recommended time, drain them and wait for them to cool down.
- Then pour them into a meat grinder and add the soaked bread and the other ingredients.
- Make sure you mix everything really well and put the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Then form the croquettes and roll them in the breadcrumbs.
- Finally, fry them in abundant boiling oil until golden brown. Serve them hot or warm.
Have you already tried them? As you can notice, They are easy to prepare and use healthy ingredients.. Choose the version you like best and use them to vary your favorite foods.
The post 3 recipes for making vegetarian croquettes appeared first in research-school.