Including yogurt at breakfast has interesting benefits for both health and weight control. Thanks to its supply of probiotics, amino acids and vitamins and minerals, it is a good complement to take care of your figure while enjoying delicious recipes.
This food is obtained through a process of fermenting milk, in which a culture of healthy bacteria such as Lactobacillus bulgaricus. Its assimilation strengthens the intestinal microbiota and supports the prevention of certain diseasesaccording to A study published in “The British Journal of Nutrition”.
On the other hand, it helps in increasing the energy level for better physical and mental productivity. In addition, it takes care of bone health and acts as an ally to increase muscle mass. Haven’t you consumed it yet? Discover its benefits and 3 ways to take it for breakfast.
The benefits of eating yogurt for breakfast
Yogurt is one of the most consumed dairy products in the world. It has always stood out for its versatility, as its slightly acidic flavor goes very well in the preparation of desserts, smoothies and many other recipes.
It has also been valued for its nutritional value, as it is a significant source of vitamins A and B, calcium and potassium, and protein. Even if it brings a slight amount of fat, it does not affect body weight and, on the contrary, supports the correct functioning of the metabolism.
What other benefits does it bring? So that there is no doubt why you should include yogurt for breakfast, we want to review its main properties below.
Regulates the intestinal microbiota
Thanks to its high probiotic content, natural yogurt helps restore the balance of the microorganisms that populate the intestine. This in turn, strengthens immune functions and decreases the risk of infections in the gastrointestinal tract.
Prevents ulcers and gastritis
The natural acids contained in this food help neutralize the action of acids on the stomach lining. Thanks to this, taking it regularly can reduce the risk of ulcers, gastritis and yeast infections. H pylori, according to study published in the journal “Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology”.
Eating yogurt for breakfast helps improve the body’s response to environmental agents and allergy-causing particles. Its vitamins and minerals strengthen the function of lymphocytes, key elements to control these conditions.
Helps avoid obesity
Although this ingredient provides a small amount of fat, its moderate intake can help prevent obesity and other metabolic disorders. This is due to its natural amino acid and fiber content control anxiety related to eating and optimize energy expenditure.
Protect the bones
The vitamin D contained in this food helps improve the assimilation of calcium to protect bones. On purpose, its supply of calcium and magnesium prevents problems such as bone density loss and inflammation.
Helps muscle recovery
Including yogurt at breakfast or in post-workout smoothies promotes muscle and physical recovery. Its proteins and carbohydrates repair muscles and recharge the body with energy to avoid feeling tired.
Recipes to eat yogurt for breakfast
The advantage of eating yogurt for breakfast is that it allows you to get a more complete diet without spending too much time. Although it can be eaten alone, it is best combined with other ingredients to enjoy different flavors every day. Have fun!
1. Creamy yogurt with cherries and nuts
This delicious combination of fruit and yogurt is a quick alternative to have a good breakfast every morning. NO contains refined sugars and is a source of amino acids, dietary fiber and healthy fats.
- 6 cherries.
- 1 tablespoon of grated coconut (15 g).
- 2 tablespoons of chopped walnuts (30 g).
- ½ cup of creamy natural yogurt (125 ml).
- 1 tablespoon of organic honey (25 g).
- To start, put the natural yogurt in a bowl and mix it with the honey.
- Separately, wash the cherries, remove the stone and cut them in half or quarters.
- Add them to the natural yogurt and then add the coconut and chopped walnuts.
- Decorate as you like and enjoy.
2. Yogurt Chia Seed Pudding
THE Chia seeds they stand out as one of the best foods to complement any diet. Its contributions of omega 3 and amino acids are beneficial for cardiovascular health and weight. That’s why we suggest you add them to this delicious yogurt pudding.
- ½ cup of water (125 ml).
- 1 teaspoon of instant coffee (5 g).
- 1 teaspoon of pure cocoa powder (5 g).
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds (30 g).
- ½ cup of natural yogurt (125 ml).
- First bring the water to the boil in a saucepan and, when it reaches the boil, dissolve the instant coffee and the cocoa powder.
- Then add the chia seeds and mix for a few minutes.
- Let the mixture rest for half an hour, until the seeds acquire a gelatinous consistency.
- Then add it all to the natural yoghurt and decorate as desired.
3. shakes yogurt and red fruits
A delicious shakes It is the ideal option to eat yogurt for breakfast if there is not much time for more complex preparations. Since we added red fruits, it is a recipe rich in antioxidants and essential minerals.
- ½ cup of red fruits (75 g).
- ¼ cup coconut milk (62 mL).
- ½ cup of natural yogurt (125 ml).
- Wash the red fruits well and put them in the blender with the coconut milk and natural yoghurt.
- Blend everything for a few minutes, until you get a creamy drink without lumps.
Include more yogurt in your diet
Do you dare to try these preparations with yogurt for breakfast? As you can notice, They are easy to prepare and contain very healthy ingredients.. Enjoy them without regrets in your weight loss plan. You will love them!
The post 3 ways to eat yogurt for breakfast and its benefits appeared first in research-school.