We all live, to a greater or lesser extent, in the midst of a very demanding reality. Excessive stimulation in big cities and worries are the order of the day. For this reason these infusions are always good for relaxing, especially on difficult days.
There are infusions to relax in different situations. Some of those They are useful when you have gone through a very stressful situation and need to regain your balance. Others help to fall asleep or to dispel that feeling of restlessness that sometimes oppresses us.
Best of all, relaxing herbal teas are completely natural and often have no side effects. Only very few of them are contraindicated in cases where there is a chronic disease. Do you dare to try them?
Types of infusions to relax
There are different types of infusions to relax, depending on the effect they produce. All of them bring peace of mind. However, Nervousness doesn’t always express itself in the same way. Sometimes it comes as anxiety, other times as migraine, insomnia, etc.
The main types of relaxing infusions are as follows:
- sleeping pills. They are the ones that basically serve to fight insomnia and contribute to having a truly restful sleep.
- Infusions for anxiety. They act mainly in times of severe stress or an emotional crisis. They moisturize remarkably and contain antioxidants.
- Infusions to lower blood pressure. Blood pressure is very sensitive to mood. Many times he gets up due to stress and in turn this causes distress. With an infusion it is possible to help regulate it.
- For the headache. Nervous states easily lead to headaches or migraines. Some infusions work very well in these cases.
Now let’s see what are the infusions to relax in any case.
1. Infusion of valerian, to sleep soundly
With valerian you can prepare one of the most effective infusions to relax. This plant is very easy to obtain and ideal for insomnia sufferers. Indeed, a publication of The American Journal of Medicineconcluded that valerian may improve sleep quality, although the evidence is still limited.
- The infusion is prepared with the leaves, the root or both. Although you can find it ready to prepare in bags in health food stores and supermarkets.
- In case of use in bulk and not in bags, just put a spoonful in a cup of boiling water and let it rest for 5 minutes before drinking it.
- Overly frequent use can be toxic, so rest periods are advised.
2. Passiflora, one of the infusions to relax
Passionflower is also known by the name of “passiflora” and was systematically used by Aztec doctors to combat states of nervousness. In general, it helps to relax and fall asleep, which is why it is used as an ingredient in combat preparations insomnia. It also has analgesic effects.
Its consumption must never be combined with that of anti-anxiety drugs without the authorization of the attending physician, as interactions and adverse reactions may occur.
- The infusion is prepared by pouring a spoonful of the plant into a cup of boiling water..
- Then the fire is extinguished, the container is covered and the infusion is left to rest for five minutes.
- It should not be given to children under 4 years of age.
3. Green tea for hypertension
Green tea has interesting properties that are very useful for various health problems. It has a relaxing effect on the circulatory system. Here because It is one of the most recommended plants for treat an episode of increased blood pressure. Not only does it help regulate tension, but it also helps prevent it from getting up again.
To prepare the infusion, put a teaspoon of green tea in a cup of boiling water. Then cover and leave to rest for between 10 and 15 minutes. At the end of this period it is necessary to pass the liquid through a sieve. The ideal is to take one or two cups a day, for three consecutive days, if tension tends to rise.
4. Lavender, a good antidote for migraines
Lavender It is ideal for making a dand the best infusions to relax and, in turn, control migraines. It is a medicinal plant that has interesting properties, as well as a pleasant aroma. Contains more than 150 active components, all of which are very beneficial for the nervous system.
The best way to prepare the infusion is to boil a cup of water and add a spoonful of lavender flowers when it boils. Cover and let rest for 20 minutes. Then strain and add a spoonful of honey and a few drops of lemon. Take three times a day, for one week. Rest for a week and repeat the cycle.
Are you plagued by stress or anxiety? Are you having trouble sleeping? So prepare one of these infusions and enjoy its benefits. Of course, if the problem persists or becomes chronic, consult a professional to learn about other treatment options.
The post 4 infusions to relax appeared first in research-school.