Chilled vegetable soups are filling recipes that you can incorporate into your regular diet. Although its preparation is traditional during the summer season, they can be enjoyed at any time. Indeed, It is a good complement to those diets whose goal is to lose weight.
How do they prepare at home? As you can imagine, there is no single recipe. Due to the variety of vegetables that we can find, There are many ways to prepare them by combining different flavors. Today we want to share 5 good options so don’t hesitate to try them.
Cold vegetable soups that you can prepare at home
When you need to hydrate yourself or add “extra” nutrients to your usual diet, you can choose to prepare delicious cold vegetable soups. These recipes combine organic ingredients of high nutritional value, which rehydrate and remineralize the body, increasing well-being.
Their advantage over other types of dishes is that they are very light in calories and can be added to the diet without regret. They even support the weight loss process, ever since its nutrients increase the energy level, optimize the functions of the metabolism and prolong the sense of satiety.
1. Cold chickpea soup with green beans
One of the cold vegetable soups that we want to share with you is the one made based on legumes like chickpeas and green beans. Both vegetables are low in calories, but They are a source of healthy nutrients such as carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins and minerals.
- ½ jar of chickpeas (200 g)
- 1 large glass of water (200 ml)
- 1 can of green beans (220 g)
- Extra virgin olive oil and salt (as needed)
- Vinegar and ground black pepper (to taste)
- To start, drain and mash the chickpeas with cold water and a drizzle of oil.
- Then season them with salt, pepper and a little vinegar. Book in the fridge.
- Next, drain the green beans and cut them into several pieces.
- Then serve the chickpea soup very cold and sprinkle the chopped vegetables on top.
- If you deem it necessary, add more salt, oil, vinegar and pepper.
2. Tomato soup with nuts
Tomato is one of the favorite ingredients in the preparation of cold vegetable soups. It is very versatile and its flavor goes perfectly with other vegetables and spices. Of course, like other vegetables, it is low in calories and provides important essential nutrients.
- 6 large tomatoes (500 g)
- ½ red pepper
- ¼ medium leek
- ½ apple golden
- 1 bunch of coriander (about 50 g)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A handful of shelled walnuts
- First grind the walnuts in a food processor until you get a very fine powder.
- Then add the pepper, leek and apple. She keeps beating.
- Then add the cherry tomatoes cut into quarters and the other ingredients.
- Finally, work until you get a smooth cream without lumps.
- Cool it in the refrigerator and consume it.
3. Cold Vegetable Soups: Traditional Ajoblanco
Ajoblanco is one of the traditional cold soups of Andalusian cuisine. It consists of bread, ground almonds, garlic, water, salt and oil. It is often accompanied with pieces of melon or grapes, but everyone can choose what to combine it with. Would you like to try it on?
- 1 cup of shelled almonds (200 g)
- Hard crustless bread (100 g)
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 cups of water (1 litre)
- 1 glass of olive oil (200 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of sherry vinegar (40 ml)
- Salt to taste
- First, put the bread in cold water and leave it to soak for 10 minutes. Then drain it and reserve it.
- Subsequently, spread the almonds in a pan and toast them for a few minutes until they take on a more or less golden appearance. Keep aside about 20 grams as a garnish.
- Pour the drained bread and toasted almonds into the blender jug.
- Add a little water and beat for a few minutes until everything is well ground.
- Then slowly add more water, then the garlic, oil and vinegar.
- Beat well until you get the desired consistency.
- Leave the soup to cool for about two hours in the refrigerator and serve it in bowls garnishing with the almonds kept aside.
4. Raw Vegan Watermelon Soup
If you’re on a vegan diet or just want a low-calorie dinner, this Raw Vegan Watermelon Soup is a great option that also helps curb your cravings. inclusive, you can choose to enjoy it as a snack or when you feel like something refreshing.
- 3 cups watermelon (600 g)
- 2 cups diced mango (400 g)
- Lime juice (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons of chopped fresh mint (60 g)
- 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger (3.5 g)
- Agave honey (optional)
- To start, add the mango and watermelon to the blender jar.
- After that, work for a couple of minutes until everything is well integrated.
- Next, mix the lime juice, chopped mint, ginger and agave.
- Add to the watermelon-mango mixture and continue beating.
- When you get a creamy soup, put it in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Finally serve it cold and garnished with mint leaves.
5. Chilled Cucumber Avocado Soup
In the list of cold vegetable soups we find a very particular one: the one based on cucumbers and avocados. Its ingredients are refreshing and low in calories. Moreover, contains antioxidants, amino acids, healthy fats and essential minerals good for health,
- 3 ripe avocados
- 3 cucumbers
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (120 ml)
- juice of one lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- First of all, peel the cucumbers and cut them into several pieces.
- Also, extract the pulp from the avocados and cut them into cubes.
- Add all the ingredients to the bowl you will be using to mash the cream.
- Then add the minced or crushed garlic, olive oil and lemon juice.
- Season to taste and work all the ingredients with a mixer until you get a thick and homogeneous cream.
- Put the soup in the refrigerator and let it chill for a couple of hours.
- Finally serve it in containers decorating with pieces of avocado.
Do you want to take care of yourself and enjoy a healthy and refreshing dish? Be sure to try these delicious cold vegetable soups. As you can notice, They are easy to make and don’t take much time.
The post 5 Cold Vegetable Soups You Should Include In Your Diet appeared first in research-school.