Rice is one of the most consumed foods in the world. It is the second most produced cereal and its culinary uses are very varied, being a very versatile food. Moreover, In the aesthetic field it has proved to be useful for taking care of the health of the skin. For this reason, exfoliants have even been created with rice.
The use of rice water for the preparation of anti-aging cosmetic formulas has been extensively studied in recent decades, as it isIn countries like Japan it has been a very present natural beauty remedy.
According to some experts, there is still a lot to learn about the effectiveness of rice water for skin care. However, they do not rule out that it may have some. In the meantime, there are those who believe they can use rice – in various ways – in their beauty routine, such as exfoliants for example.
Rice is said to help regulate the oiliness of the skin, without stripping it of its protective layer or drying it out. It is also said to nourish the skin and help regenerate it, thus giving it a soft, luminous and fresh look.
Let’s see below how to make a scrub with rice, combining this cereal with other natural products.
1. Scrub with rice and coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of unwashed white rice (50 g).
- 3 teaspoons of organic coconut oil (15 g).
- Take the rice and grind it into powder.
- Mix with the tablespoon of coconut oil.
- After obtaining a homogeneous mixture, rub with circular movements all over the face.
- Leave the cream to act for a few minutes, then rinse and remove.
2. Scrub with rice and honey
This scrub is said to be ideal for people with sensitive skin. Both the rice and the peel help soothe and purify the skin, without damaging it.
- 2 cups of water (500ml).
- 1 tablespoon of cow’s milk (10 ml).
- 1 tablespoon of pure honey (10 g).
- 6 tablespoons of whole brown rice (120 g).
- 1/2 cup brown rice powder – rice must contain bran – (50 g).
- Cook the 6 tablespoons of brown rice in plenty of water.
- Grind the 50 grams of rice and, together with the cooked rice, beat until creamy without lumps.
- The water will be used to leave as many lumps as possible.
- Add the spoonful of pure honey and mix.
- Then, with all ingredients properly mixed, add the tablespoon of milk and beat.
- Once everything is well blended and a cream is obtained, let it rest until it cools down.
- Apply with firm but circular movements on the skin of the face. Rinse with warm water.
3. Rice and oatmeal scrub
This is another one of the rice scrubs that gives softness to the skin. In addition, it is perfect for pampering the skin, as it helps relieve redness and inflammation it may present.
- 1 cup of rice (200 g).
- 1/2 cup of oats (130 g).
- 4 cups of drinking water (1 liter).
- 5 drops of essential oil of preference.
- If the rice isn’t organic, it would be best to wash it.
- Leave the rice and oats to soak for at least 6 hours.
- Filter and squeeze well to remove all water.
- Add drops of essential oil, beat by hand, it’s ready!
- Store it in a glass container and store it in the refrigerator.
4. Rub with rice flour
The well-known benefits of this cereal do not derive only from the grain. In the ground presentation (as flour) its properties are maintained. Find out how to make a scrub at home.
- 2 tbsp Rice flour (30g).
- 4 tablespoons of water (60 ml).
- Mix the rice flour with the water to form a compact dough. To achieve this, mix the two ingredients with the help of a spoon.
- Apply the resulting mask on a cleansed face and let it act for about 10 minutes.
- After that time, remove the mixture with plenty of warm water and start showing off wonderful skin.
5. Wheat Sugar Rice Scrub
In popular circles it is often said that sugar is a good exfoliator for the skin. However, it is true that it could scratch it if applied with sudden movements, given that the grains are very rough, so it should be used in small quantities or replaced with oatmeal.
- 3 small cups of water (300ml).
- 6 tablespoons of white rice (120 g).
- Refined white sugar (1 g).
- It’s a container, put the cups of water and the spoons of sugar in it.
- Cook the 6 tablespoons of rice over low heat. After the preparation is ready, wait for it to cool.
- Mix the ingredients very wellusing a whisk. Leave to rest for about 1 hour.
- Apply it on your face and start making circular movements, then rinse.
6. Milk and rice as a scrub
This blend is said to be perfect for providing hydration and sloughing off excess oil and dead skin cells. Both milk and rice help nourish the skin, soften it and make it look better.
- 1 glass of liquid milk (250 ml).
- 1/2 tablespoon of rice (10 g)
- Include all ingredients in one container, mix without cooking for 10 minutes.
- Then, with your hands, apply it on your face and start massaging firmly in circular motions.
- Rinse thoroughly with water and repeat if deemed necessary.
If you have any questions about exfoliating or skin care in general, it’s best to go to your dermatologist. The professional will give you the most relevant indications, based on your skin type.
The post 6 Rice Body Scrub appeared first in research-school.