The Christmas season brings with it many positive things. We share as a family, take time to rest and we enjoy a wide variety of traditions that allow us to get out of the rut. However, some express some concern about not gaining pounds.
And it is that, although we are aware that we can ingest more calories than we should, It’s hard for us to refuse those delicious concoctions that you only see these days. This, added to physical inactivity and excessive alcohol consumption, can lead to weight gain which, in some cases, frustrates many of the efforts made in the rest of the year.
For this reason, before starting the celebrations, It is good to know some tips that can help prevent this situation. Discover them!
1. Plan your meals to avoid gaining extra pounds
On days other than celebrations you can maintain your regular diet. However, as you probably want something different on special dates, try planning your meals in advance.
There are a wide variety of healthy Christmas dinner recipes which, unlike many traditional foods, do not contain too many calories or simple sugars. Keep in mind that the latter have shown be responsible for the development of many complex pathologies, such as metabolic ones.
Discard preparations with fried foods, sausages or sugar, e opt for those that include fruits, vegetables and lean meats.
- Pasta or vegetable salads.
- Sauteed vegetables.
- Baked or grilled fish.
- Chicken or turkey breast.
- Fruit sweets.
Consider that you should choose healthy sides to avoid overloading your plate. Try to make a good combination of foods to prevent indigestion.
2. Eat moderately, without regret
It’s not about losing control just because it’s Christmas. Howeveryou shouldn’t forbid the foods you crave, much less feel remorse.
If you want to have fun and not gain kilos, keep in mind that the key is to eat moderately.
- If you can take small portions, you will satisfy the desire to eat and prevent anxiety from making poor food choices later.
3. Don’t skip main meals
In these days It is very common for many to apply the false belief of “saving calories”. Some choose to skip one of the main meals to enjoy Christmas dinner or any other family gathering later.
The truth is that this is still a mistake, as usual meals must be respected. Stopping eating will lead to an increased feeling of anxiety and, subsequently, can lead to overeating.
- The ideal is to keep the rule of eating three main courses, in small portions, and, during the additional meals, moderate the quantities.
In any case, some intermittent fasting protocols can be considered. to exist evidence as these strategies are able to stimulate weight loss. However, they must be checked by a professional to ensure they work properly.
4. Choose healthy drinks
Don’t ruin your diet by consuming drinks high in sugar and calories. Industrial drinks, soft drinks and alcoholic beverages they have everything to make us gain a few pounds.
Though many prefer them as companions, it is better to look for healthier alternatives so as not to overload the body.
Sodas with no added sugar are also not a good idea. This class of drinks has artificial sweeteners that can affect microbiota health, according to a study published in Chemical toxicology of foods.
- During the day try to consume between 6 and 8 glasses of water. This will help you control your anxiety and facilitate your body’s detoxification processes.
- Consume a glass of red wine with dinner. It is a healthy drink that, in small quantities, is not fattening.
- Prepare cocktails and soft drinks.
- Consume infusions and natural juices.
5. Stay active
If you think about it, you have many at Christmas opportunities to activate your body and put aside a sedentary lifestyle.
- There’s more time to adopt an exercise routine.
- Take advantage of the company of your family and friends to play sports.
- You can go for a walk or jog in the morning.
- You can dance during the celebrations.
These, and many other physical activities, help increase the body’s energy expenditure and promote the burning of extra calories.
6. Listen to the body
Do you eat because you are hungry or because you are hungry? The body always sends you signals when it has already received enough “fuel”.
For this reason, and in order not to gain weight, try to eat in small portions, until you feel full.
- Enjoy all the dishes you want, always in the right measure. If you feel satisfied, don’t eat even if it is offered to you.
Follow the tips to avoid gaining weight during the Christmas season
Ready to adopt your weight loss plan this Christmas? Follow all the tips mentioned and enjoy these appointments without fear of ruining your efforts to maintain a stable weight.
The post 6 tips to not gain weight this Christmas first appeared in research-school.