Do you know why it’s important to use certain beauty products from the age of 40? Well, although the aging process happens differently in every woman, In general, the skin undergoes a number of transformations.
The elasticity, compactness and regeneration capacity are no longer the same; Also, the process of absorption and utilization of nutrients is hindered. Due A series of imperfections are forming which make the skin more mature.
Fortunately, a wide variety of cosmetics have been developed today they allow to delay and minimize its appearance. On this occasion we will tell you which are the most important and why you should include them in your routine. Discover them!
How is the process?
Over the years the metabolism of the skin cells it’s slower, that is Collagen is no longer synthesized as before and as a result, the skin becomes flabby. However, that doesn’t mean you can’t continue with a regular beauty routine.
The goal is to cover the needs that the new skin requires of us to keep the skin layers in the correct condition.
Next we will describe more specifically the changes that occur in the skin:
- Epidermis: decreases the natural moisturizing capacity becoming dry and flaky.
- Dermo-epidermal junction: the amount of nutrients shared between the different layers of the skin is reduced.
- Dermis: collagen deteriorates and is not synthesized in the same way. Similarly, blood supply decreases due to loss of blood vessels.
- Hypodermis: fatty tissue becomes thinner. This is the cause of flaccidity.
- Skin appendages: the sebaceous and sweat glands are less active in secretion.
Do I have mature skin?
The following characteristics are signs that your skin has matured:
- Age spots: They appear particularly on the back of the hands, forearms and face. They are characterized by a brownish color and their size can vary from millimeters to centimeters.
- Senile warts: They are benign, pigmented lumps. They generally appear in areas exposed to light.
- Loss of elasticity: the skin becomes wrinkled and hangs down.
- dryness: yesIt is produced by the loss of fluid absorption. As a result, the skin has a rough appearance with narrow fissures that are sometimes itchy.
How to know which beauty products to choose?
Currently, several beauty products have been developed for skins over the age of 40. However, the general recommendation is to go to the dermatologist at determine more precisely which are the best cosmetics.
Your skin health professional can make some recommendations depending on signs of ageing, level of dryness, and pigmentation. Here is a short list of must-have beauty products:
It is essential to compensate for the loss of fluids with a moisturizer, becauseThese form a protective layer and prevent dryness. This is the case with olive oil, silicone and even petroleum jelly in small quantities.
This product has the ability to hold liquids longer. It is recommended to use a moisturizer according to your skin type, combination, dry or oily. It’s important which is rich in vitamin E, as it eliminates scars, blurs impurities and protects from the sun’s rays.
- Ceramides: They are molecules responsible for facilitating the union between skin cells. Ideally, use products from vegetable origin that are obtained from rice, wheat and soy.
- Lipids: substances that have the function of filling the skin. Especially the liposomes which contain a vitamin E and F.
- Natural Moisturizing Factor (FHN) analogues: They are found in pyrrolidinecarboxylic acid, urea, lactic acid and sodium lactate, sugars, allantoin, among others.
More beauty products…
On the other hand, there are several options on the market that improve the symptoms of aging, such as:
- Collagen synthesis accelerators which reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
- Connective tissue redensifiers which is used to tighten the skin.
- Stimulators of cellular activitywhich accelerate cellular metabolism.
- oligopeptides which are the new version of retinol and give brightness and freshness to the skin.
Are you worried that the signs of aging start to become apparent in your 40s? So don’t hesitate to use the mentioned products.
The post Beauty products to use if you’re over 40 first appeared in research-school.