The coffee and blueberry cake is an ideal dessert for family gatherings or with friends, because it is very easy to prepare and is colorful and appetizing. This time we present two different recipes: a coffee and blueberry cake with sugar-free yoghurt and a coffee and chocolate cake without eggs or milk, suitable for vegans. Come and try them!
Blueberry coffee cake with yoghurt
This recipe is ideal for consumption by young children, because despite not having sugar, it has a sweet taste that is very pleasant on the palate. Moreover, It has a very juicy texture and is reminiscent of a brownie or a traditional chocolate cake. See the recipe below.
- 1 cup of wholemeal flour (200 g)
- 4 eggs
- 1 greek yogurt (200ml)
- 2 tablespoons defatted cocoa powder (30 g)
- 1 bag of chemical yeast
- Sunflower oil (80ml)
- Blueberries (100g)
- 1/2 cup of coffee (125 ml)
- ground cinnamon (to taste)
- You can replace wheat flour with flour from any other cereal (spelt, rye, oats). It is preferable to keep a proportion of wheat flour, even if you want to include another type, so that the cake acquires a fluffier and softer texture.
- Sunflower oil can be replaced with coconut oil, butter or margarine. It is not recommended to use olive oil to make these types of cakes because it can be too strong and mask the flavor of the cake.
- You can use any sweetener to replace sugar.: stevia, agave syrup, saccharin, liquid sweetener, etc.
- Finally, if some diners are lactose intolerant, You can replace Greek yogurt with soy or almond yogurt.
mode of preparation
- First, before making the cake, preheat the oven to 190º with heat above and below.
- In a bowl, add the eggs and beat until fluffy.
- Then add the sweetener and the previously melted oil or butter and mix until all the ingredients are integrated.
- With the help of a colander or sieve, combine the flour with the baking powder so that no lumps are formed. Mix with a whisk until you get a homogeneous consistency.
- Add the cocoa powder and the coffee prepared with the percolator, or 150 ml of water with 4 tablespoons of instant coffee.
- Wash and peel the blueberries, pit them and add them to the mixture.
- Then butter a baking mold and pour the mixture into it.
- Finally, bake for 30-40 minutes and leave to cool on a wire rack for a couple of hours so that it does not lose consistency.
- It is important not to open the oven while the cake is building up, as this can cause it to lose air and become uneven.
To find out if the cake is completely cooked, you can poke the center with a toothpick and see if it comes out clean. Otherwise, put it back in the oven for another 5 minutes and repeat the process until it’s fully cooked through.
This recipe goes very well with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. If you want a healthier version, you can add nuts or a fruit salad to complete the dessert.
Vegan cake with coffee, cocoa and blueberries
If you prefer a 100% vegan alternative to blueberry coffee cake, write the following recipe. In addition to the ingredients mentioned, We can add a little cocoa for a more intense flavour.
- 1 cup of flour (200 g)
- Fat-reduced cocoa powder (70 g)
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda (5 g)
- 1 glass of coffee (brewed in water) (200 ml)
- Agave syrup or liquid sweetener of your choice (150 g)
- Sunflower or coconut oil (100 ml)
- Blueberries (75g)
- Cinnamon powder
mode of preparation
- First, preheat the oven to 190ºC with heat above and below.
- Then prepare the coffee with water and instant coffee or do it in the percolator.
- In a bowl combine all the liquid ingredients: the agave syrup, the sunflower oil, the coffee and the vanilla essence (optional).
- Subsequently, add the flour sifted with the help of a sieve, the bicarbonate or baking powder, and the defatted cocoa powder.
- Beat vigorously with the help of some rods until all the ingredients are perfectly integrated and a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- Taste the dough a little and add more syrup or cinnamon if you think it’s appropriate.
- Wash and pit the blueberries and add them to the mixture.
- Pour the preparation into a previously buttered and floured mould.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes, depending on the height of the dough and the size of the mould.
- Finally, wait for it to rest and serve it.
Would you like to try these recipes at home? If you’re looking for a refined sugar-free dessert, both are good options. Enjoy them as a snack or when you crave sweets.
The post Sugar Free Blueberry Coffee Cake first appeared on Mejor Con Salud.