Chickpea hummus with paprika is a low-calorie recipe from the Middle East. Although the original recipe is made by mixing chickpeas with ground sesame seeds, olive oil and seasonings, this version proposes the addition of the paprika flavour.
Do you dare to try it? The great thing about this recipe is that it’s delicious and versatile. Therefore, this time we want to teach you how to vary its flavor with other healthy ingredients. Like the original dish, you can enjoy it for lunch or dinner. Take note!
Why should you make chickpea hummus with paprika?
The staple of hummus is chickpeas. This variety of legumes stands out for being an important source of essential nutrients. So, if you’re looking for reasons to make delicious chickpea hummus with paprika at home, know that the dish provides you with the following:
- complex carbohydrates
- Dietary fiber
- Vitamin B6
Added to this, hummus is a low-calorie dish that significantly benefits those following a vegan or vegetarian diet. Due to its important contribution of vegetable proteins, it is perfect to supplement the diet on a nutritional level. In fact, it should be a must have among those looking to lose weight.
Chickpea hummus with paprika recipe
The best way to enjoy the nutritional benefits of hummus is to make it at home with 100% healthy ingredients. However, vary the flavor a little compared to the traditional recipe We suggest making chickpea hummus with paprika. Let’s do it!
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (400 g)
- 2 teaspoons of sesame (10 g)
- 1 teaspoon of cumin (5 g)
- Juice of half a lemon
- sweet paprika
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil (45 ml)
- 1 glass of water (200ml)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crushed or powdered garlic
- To start, cook the chickpeas in water until they soften a bit. Ideally, let them soak for about 12 hours before cooking.
- Once ready, rinse them and put them in the blender glass.
- Next, cover a third of the beans with olive oil and the rest with water.
- Beat for a few moments, until you get a creamy paste, with a consistency similar to that of guacamole.
- When you get the suggested result, add the ground food, the sesame seeds (also ground), the lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Then mix everything very well so that it integrates into the chickpea cream. At this point add the chopped and lightly toasted paprika.
- Finally, put the chickpea hummus with the paprika in the fridge and let it cool. The most common way to consume this dish is cold or at room temperature, so we recommend leaving it in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- There are many ways to accompany this dish: with toasted bread, carrots or brown rice, among others.
Use this hummus as a healthy substitute
This and other versions of chickpea hummus can be useful for replacing some unhealthy preparations. Thanks to its flavor and creamy texture, it helps to enhance the flavor of many dishes without adding too many calories. Be sure to add this chickpea paprika hummus to:
- Turkey sandwiches or burgers to replace mayonnaise or sauces.
- Deviled eggs to replace the crushed egg yolks.
- Nuggets chicken or vegetable preparations.
- Recipes with toast, bread or crackers.
- Whole grain tortillas or tacos.
The recipe for chickpea hummus with paprika is a healthy version like the traditional recipe. Although we can vary the flavor of this cold cream with other ingredients, the paprika gives it a very special touch. Above all, we keep the healthy recipe concept, since all the additives used are nutritious and low in calories.
However, it is important to pay close attention to the accompaniments of the dish. Although they can be chosen to suit each, it’s best to look for options that don’t exceed calories. For this, instead of accompanying it with chips, bread or Nuggets chicken, best eaten with wholemeal bread or fresh vegetables.
The post Chickpea Hummus with Paprika first appeared on research-school.