Have you ever tried the chickpeas with lobster? Without a doubt, this recipe has a combination of flavors that you will love. Additionally, its ingredients provide a number of important health benefits.
This dish, which It is prepared with legumes and shellfishIt is perfect to have as a main meal. Likewise, it’s great for preparing it on cold days and sharing it with your loved ones. Read on and learn how to make this delicious dish below.
Chickpeas with lobster
As mentioned, this recipe tastes delicious; however, that is not its only virtue. This dish is also nutritious, so it is a great way to supply nutrients to the body.
In relation to this, the science emphasizes that its ingredients provide elements of great importance for human health. On one side, Chickpeas are a source of plant protein, vitamins, minerals and dietary fiber.
For his part, THE lobsters they contain healthy omega-3 fats (what the body cannot synthesize), proteins and other micronutrients needed by the body. All this makes this a dish that stands out among others. Now, without further ado, we leave you the recipe for making chickpeas with lobster below.
With these quantities it will be enough for 4 diners. Keep this in mind if you want to prepare food for more or fewer people. Also, keep in mind that the prep time is about an hour. Now, take note of what you will need to prepare this dish:
- 300 grams of chickpeas
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 green pepper
- 2 lobsters
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon of wheat flour
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup of homemade fried tomatoes
- 1/2 glass of brandy
- a pinch of salt
- 1 liter of fish stock, also known as stock
Step by step
- Soak the chickpeas. This takes time, so it’s best to do it the night before. It’s tried That To prevent the legumes from fermenting and causing intestinal discomfort, the soaking water must be changed. Please note that the minimum time for this is 8 hours.
- Once this step is done, drain the liquid from the chickpeas and place them in a saucepan. Fill it with clean water and let them cook until soft. It will take about 30 or 40 minutes.
- When half cooked, peel and chop the onion. Add it to the pot along with the salt and bay leaf. Then wait for them to finish cooking.
- Instead, put a jet of oil in a pan, add the spoonful of wheat flour, the saffron and the green pepper. Bring this to a minimum and, little by little, add the fish stock. Leave to cook for a few more minutes. Mixed.
- When the legumes are soft, it’s time to remove them from the heat and drain the cooking water. Next, add these ingredients to the pan and turn the heat up to medium.
- Next, wash and trim the ends of the lobsters. Discard these parts. Next, cut them in half and remove the stomach as well.
- Once this is done, in another pan add a drizzle of oil and place the shellfish inside. Expect these to jump. Peel and mince the garlic and let them brown.
- It’s time for you to add the homemade fried tomato and brandy. Stir and cook for 3 minutes to allow the alcohol to evaporate.
- After this step, empty the contents of this pan into the pot containing the broth. Cook for another 5 minutes and taste test. Add more salt and pepper if needed until you get the seasoning you want.
- All that remains is to serve on a plate and enjoy the flavor of this recipe.
Tips for preparing this dish
There is no doubt that preparing this dish takes some time. As, We will tell you some tips that you can follow to make its preparation easier.
Use canned chickpeas
Luckily, those legumes that are sold in cans are a great way to save time in the kitchen. The only point to consider if you prefer to use them in this presentation is that, like all preserves, they are high in sodium. For this reason it is advisable to wash them properly under running tap water to eliminate this component as much as possible.
Soak the beans in advance
Even if the recipe states that you have to soak the legumes for at least 8 hours, this means that you do it several days in advance. To do this, you have two options:
- One of them is that you do the Same process as described in the recipe, but after they are cooked through, drain and set aside. Once they’re at room temperature, you’ll need to store them in covered containers (ideally portion them), label them with the date, and then refrigerate them. Keep in mind that stored this way they last 3 months.
- Another option is that after the hydration process, drain them without cooking them and keep them with the indication of the date. It is important to clarify that they are raw. When it’s time to use them in this recipe, all you have to do is cook them. The time for this will be short, about 15 minutes. They also last 3 months when stored this way.
Prepare this recipe at home
Without a doubt, these chickpeas with lobster are worth preparing at home. Don’t forget that in addition to being full of flavor, it provides various nutrients. Go ahead and do it and share it with your loved ones. Obviously don’t forget the soaked bread, otherwise no one will forgive you!
The post Chickpeas with lobster: the step-by-step recipe appeared for the first time in research-school.