THE mousse of coffee and mascarpone is a dessert that is prepared quickly and with few ingredients. It’s an option that almost everyone will like and can be made for any special situation or celebration. In addition, it contains a good amount of phytochemicals with antioxidant capacity, essential elements for maintaining good health.
Before we begin, this needs to be underlined there is the possibility of inserting desserts other than yoghurt or fruit occasionally in the diet. This will not have a negative impact on health as long as they are introduced in the context of a balanced and varied diet. It is essential to ensure that there is no shortage of essential nutrients.
Ingredients for the coffee and mascarpone mousse
To prepare a mousse of coffee and mascarpone (6 units), you will need the following ingredients:
- 250 grams of mascarpone.
- 3 egg yolks.
- 2 egg whites.
- 150 milliliters of whipping cream.
- 80 grams of sugar Enamel.
- 30 milliliters of hot water.
- 2 teaspoons of instant coffee.
- Cocoa powder.
Step by step
- First, beat the egg yolks with the sugar until you get a whitish result.
- At this point add the mascarpone and continue mixing.
- Dissolve the coffee in a couple of tablespoons of hot water and add it to the mixture. Reintegrate all ingredients.
- Whip the cream and then add it all gently, with enveloping movements.
- On the side, beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until it reaches a snow point consistency. This moment is fundamental, since when it comes to mixing the egg whites with the previous preparation, it will be necessary to make sure that as little air as possible is lost. To do this, it is advisable to use a kitchen spatula and work in smooth movements.
- Finally, distribute the mousse into individual glasses and put them in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- When serving, decorate with a little pure cocoa powder on top and you’re done.
Benefits of coffee and mascarpone mousse
Despite containing simple sugar inside, the mousse of coffee and mascarpone can provide a series of health benefits as long as they are part of a healthy diet. It will be crucial to achieve an optimal supply of nutrients to avoid inefficiencies in the functioning of the body’s physiological processes.
The antioxidant content of coffee and cocoa may be beneficial to health.
It can help prevent diseases
Both coffee and cocoa are sources of substances with antioxidant power, such as flavonoids. These compounds have shown be instrumental in preventing the development of complex pathologies, such as cardiovascular disease and some types of cancer. For this reason they must be present regularly in the diet.
Improve blood pressure
Many of the phytochemicals contained in cocoa are able to exert a positive effect on certain parameters, such as blood pressure. This is evidenced by A research published in the journal The Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. It is important to keep in mind that maintaining blood pressure in optimal ranges reduces the incidence of cardiovascular accidents.
Promotes intense efforts
It should not be forgotten that the mousse of coffee and mascarpone stands out for providing a good dose of energy, as well as caffeine. This substance has an ergogenic effect in the human organism. According to a study published in the journal sports medicine, increases performance. However, it is an alkaloid that generates some tolerance when consumed repeatedly.
Similarly, its combination with alcoholic beverages and its intake during periods such as pregnancy, breastfeeding or even in adolescence should be avoided. In this case it could have more negative effects than benefits, so it will not be interesting to include it in the diet.
Prepare a coffee and mascarpone “mousse” at home
As you saw, prepare mousse making coffee and mascarpone at home is really easy and doesn’t take much time. You will only have to follow the specified steps to get an excellent result that will please almost everyone. Of course, remember that the type of instant coffee chosen for preparation can make a difference in terms of final flavour.
Finally, keep in mind that when maintaining good health is the goal, It is convenient to throw a set of habits together. You need to take care of your diet and exercise regularly. In fact, if you exercise frequently, the sugars in your pattern will have much less impact on how your body works in the medium term.
The post Coffee and mascarpone mousse recipe: quick and easy dessert that appeared for the first time on research-school.