Banana cookies are healthy for everyone, regardless of age and eating habits. They are made with ingredients that have an adequate nutritional balance and which, together, balance each other perfectly. In fact, even people intolerant to gluten can enjoy them without worries.
A medium-sized banana has five and a half grams of fructose, approximately. For this reason, fructose is not only tasty and addictive, it also provides energy quickly when ingested.
Thus, the fructose contained in the banana it provides a sweet enough taste to dispense with the addition of sweeteners in our recipes Of course, it is not forbidden to give it a touch of honey if we wish. Everything will depend on our tastes.
Cookies with banana, coconut and goji berries
On the other hand, it is necessary to highlight that the banana biscuit recipe that we will present to you below includes only products of plant origin, so it is suitable for vegetarians and vegans. Furthermore, even if we want to add some chocolate, if we use dark chocolate (that is, with a high percentage of cocoa) that does not include milk, it will still be fine.
In this recipe we will use blueberries or goji berries, which are the fruit of a plant related to the tomato and which grows right in the Tibetan Himalayas. Regard a food rich in antioxidants, vitamins and other health-promoting nutrients.
In case we don’t have to get these berries in our trusted supermarket, we can make the recipe with blueberries.
As for the flours that we will use in this preparation, it is necessary to specify that it is not mandatory to use 2 cups of brown rice flour and 1 of amaranth. You can include 3 cups of brown rice flour and do without the amaranth flour.
However, If we decide to use it, it will always be necessary to combine it with another type of flour.. Thus the dough can acquire the right consistency.
- ½ tablespoon of salt (5 g)
- 2 tablespoons of almonds (30 g)
- 1 cup of grated coconut (80 g)
- 3 tablespoons of goji berries (45 g)
- 3 medium bananas
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil (30 g)
- 1 cup of amaranth flour (100 g)
- 2 cups of brown rice flour (200 g)
- 1 tablespoon of flax seeds (15 g)
- Optional: cinnamon, honey, vanilla essence, raisins.
- First you need to preheat the oven to a temperature of 180ºC.
- Separately peel and cut the bananas into small pieces. Next, we mash them with a fork or spoon until we get a kind of puree.
- Meanwhile, put the amaranth and brown rice flour in a bowl. Mix with a spoon and proceed to add the other ingredients, one by one, except the coconut oil and the berries of goji. Then, mix again with the spoon to integrate everything.
- Leave a space in the center of the bowl and pour the coconut oil there. Then we mix all the ingredients with the help of a whisk at low speed for a couple of minutes.
- Once you have a homogeneous mass with some flexibility, add the goji berries and reserve.
- Place the baking paper on a baking sheet and pour the cookie dough on it. Attention, we must be careful don’t pour too much dough so the cookies aren’t overly dense Then.
- We put the pan in the oven for 25 minutes. We will know that the biscuits are ready because they will be well browned and will give off a very pleasant scent.
- Once the cooking time has elapsed, turn off the oven, remove the pan and let it cool to room temperature.
- Finally, remove the cookies from the parchment paper and serve.
Final decoration of the biscuits
We can decorate the biscuits with a little grated coconut, a pinch of sesame seeds or flaked almonds. It also admits a small slice of fruit (like a strawberry, for example).
On the other hand, the best companion for this banana cookie recipe would be some natural yogurt. It can also be enjoyed with rich tea, a cup of coffee, or a fruit smoothie.
Actually, the guidelines are set by us depending on the type of breakfast or snack we want to have.
The post Banana Coconut Goji Berry Cookies appeared first in altsalute.