They say that the best moments are the ones we share as a family, like those lunches between chatting and having fun. For this reason, astart preparing a delicious baked sea bass with potatoes and onion to entertain your relatives; We are sure that everyone will like it.
Now, in most family gatherings we are used to making recipes for such far-fetched meals that they sometimes get out of hand; or simply make a grill that, while not complicated, takes some time to prepare.
on this occasion You just have to marinate the sea bass so that it’s ready the next day, is the only process of this recipe that will take time. You can also marinate the vegetables and greens at the same time if that’s to your liking. Let’s do it!
On its nutritional properties
As for the type of fish, you can choose any, but this time we opted for sea bass, also known as branzino. According to information published in SELF Nutrition Data, its nutrients include:
- omega-3 fatty acids
- Vitamins of the B complex
- Minerals (potassium, phosphorus)
Sea bass is a type of white fish highly recommended by nutrition experts for low-fat diets. Plus, it’s the ideal fish to consume and pair with your favorite veggies and greens.
AND if you prepare it in the oven it is much healthier, why don’t you add those large amounts of vegetable oil in its preparation. Then, learn how to cook this exquisite baked sea bass with potatoes and onion.
Baked sea bass with potatoes and onion
Keep in mind that adding potatoes to any preparation is a very healthy and delicious option. Second a post about Critical reviews in food science and nutrition, this food is rich in carbohydrates, which provide energy with little fat. In addition, it contains vitamin C, vitamin B, potassium and fiber. Ready to start making this recipe?
Ingredients for the sea bass
- 1 sea bass (about 1 kg)
- 3 potatoes
- 2 onions
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (45 ml)
- 1 medium green pepper cut into strips
Ingredients for the marinade
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (30 ml)
- 1 glass of white wine (250 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice (30 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of salt (15 g)
- 1 tablespoon of oregano (15 g)
- ½ tablespoon of thyme (8 g)
- ½ tablespoon of black pepper (8 g)
- aluminium sheet
- 1 tablespoon of parsley (15 g)
- wrapping paper
Preparation of the marinade
- The first thing to do is clean the fish, ie gut it and remove the bones as much as possible.
- You can cut it into fillets or just make an opening to put vegetables in it.
- Then, in a pan, put all the spices and garlic, pour the white wine, olive oil and lemon juice. Stir a little so that the ingredients are integrated.
- Then, place the fish on the tray and turn it so that it absorbs the juice of the mixture.
- Finally, sprinkle the fish with fresh parsley and cover with wrapping paper. Refrigerate for at least 12 hours to marinate overnight.
Baked sea bass preparation
- First peel, wash and cut the potatoes into slices (no more than 2 centimeters thick).
- Next, cut the onions into julienne strips (they can also be in large pieces) and put them in a bowl together with the potatoes.
- Next, get the bass out of your fridge and drain just a little juice into a small cup (you will need this liquid later).
- Next, preheat the oven to around 190ºC.
- You should cook everything in the same pan that you marinated the fish in. Add the potatoes and onion around it to give it flavour.
- Before baking, distribute the green pepper evenly and cover the baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Remember that If you haven’t cut the fish into fillets, what you should do is stuff it with potatoes, onion, pepper or other ingredients of your choice.
- Place in the preheated oven and cook at the same temperature. After 10 minutes, remove the aluminum foil and wet the sea bass with the marinade liquid.
- Finally, twist it until the ingredients are browned and the juice has dried a bit.
- Remove from the oven, leave to cool slightly and serve. Enjoy a delicious baked sea bass with vegetables.
As you can see, the preparation of this type of fish is simple and goes very well with other healthy foods. You can enjoy it without problems in one of your lunches or dinners.
The post Delicious Baked Sea Bass with Potatoes and Onion first appeared on research-school.