Salads are always a good option, especially in the warm months. Here because, Today we present this chicken salad recipe which, in addition to having a very pleasant taste, is very nutritious. Do you dare to try it? It is a perfect dish for any occasion and time of day.
Chicken salad recipe with vegetables
Eat chicken salad with vegetables It is ideal for completing any balanced and healthy meal plan. While it’s convenient to consult your nutritionist about recipes for regular consumption, in general this is usually a good option.
The reason? Both chicken and vegetables contain essential nutrients help promote well-being. Second data published in Research on food and nutrition, Chicken is an important source of protein, fatty acids, vitamins and minerals.
For their part, vegetables are low in calories and represent an important source of antioxidants. Also, as pointed out a study a Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, The consumption of salad prolongs the sense of satiety and helps reduce excessive caloric intake. Do you dare to prepare this recipe?
- 1/2 onion (30 g)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 stalk of celery (30 g)
- 10 sprigs of parsley (5 g)
- 1 bag of potatoes (200 g)
- 2 cloves of garlic (2.5 g)
- 2 chicken breasts (250 g)
- 1 pack of carrots (200 g)
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise (100 g)
- 1 teaspoon of mustard sauce (5 g)
- black pepper and salt (to taste)
- First, to prepare this chicken salad with vegetables recipe, we will start by cooking the carrots and potatoes, previously peeled, in a pot with water and salt. We will put the whole vegetables in the saucepanas we will have to remove the carrots after they are about 8 minutes in the boiling water.
- On the other hand, the potatoes should stay on the fire for 20-25 minutes. If we prick them with a fork we can better control their cooking point to make sure they don’t remain raw in the center.
- Then, we will put the chicken breasts in another pot, also with water, and add onion and garlic cloves cut into small pieces.
- Moreover, add the bay leaf and a little salt to taste. We will then cook this mixture, over low heat, until the water starts to boil, at which time we will reduce the heat to low and continue to hold the breasts for another 15 minutes.
- Once the potatoes and carrots are ready, we will cut them into small pieces and on the other hand, We will chop the chicken breasts, which will already be ready and well cooked.
- We will put all the ingredients in a separate bowl and add the mayonnaise and mustard. Finally, we will mix everything well to distribute the sauces well and that the salad is ready.
Tangerine chicken salad recipe
This second chicken salad recipe is even easier to prepare than the previous one and combines the pleasant texture of chicken with the fresh and sweet taste of tangerines. It’s a perfect dish for any spring dinner. To prepare this recipe, in a portion for about two people, you will need:
- 1/2 cucumber (30 g)
- 1/2 lettuce (100g)
- 2 tomatoes (120g)
- 2 tangerines (60 g)
- 1 chicken breast (100g)
- 1/2 cup sweet corn (50 g)
- 1 tablespoon of honey (5 ml)
- 1/4 cup grated cheese (30 g)
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice (5 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (10 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (5 ml)
- First, we’ll start by washing the tomatoes, cucumber and lettuce well. We cut the tomato and cucumber into small pieces and the lettuce into strips. Once ready, we will mix everything in a bowl.
- On the other hand, we will pass the chicken through a hot plate with one of the tablespoons of olive oil and turn it until it is well cooked inside.
- Next, we will remove it on a plate and chop it wellto make sure it’s cooked through. If the chicken has been a little undercooked in some area, we can run that piece through the grill again so it finishes cooking properly.
- Once the chicken is ready, We peel the tangerines and separate the segments. We will cut them into pieces the size of a dice, which will allow part of the juice of the mandarin to be released when mixing the whole salad and will accentuate its flavor.
Prepare the dressing and mix the salad
- Once all this is ready, mix the chicken, mandarin, vegetables, sweet corn and grated cheese in the same bowl. In a separate small bowl, we will prepare the dressing with the remaining spoonful of oil, the lemon juice, the honey and the vinegar.
- To finish, we will pour the dressing on the rest of the ingredients. We will mix it well so that all the components acquire the taste of seasoning and tangerineespecially the chicken breast threads.
Thus we conclude with this second chicken salad recipe. One of the two options will provide us a light dish, fresh and with a very pleasant taste.
They can be ideal recipes for any spring lunch or dinner, alone, with friends or family.
The post Delicious Chicken Salad Recipe first appeared in Mejor Con Salud.