For losing weight to become a pleasant experience, you must choose activities and foods that bring you well-being and happiness. A balanced diet and lots of physical activity is what must never be missing. Also, you shouldn’t forget about a rich ginger-turmeric tea.
this infusion It is a drink that can help you lose weight in a healthy way it’s fast. Both plants have great fame in world cuisine and have earned respect in natural medicine as well.
Known in their root or powdered presentations, both turmeric and ginger can be found in any supermarket or grocery store. Read on and you will see what are the benefits of this infusion that combines the two plants.
Ginger and turmeric are widely used ingredients in the kitchen to prepare many dishes. But its potential uses go far beyond that, as it also has multiple properties that can be beneficial to health.
Among the most notable and studied are the anti-inflammatory, digestive, hypolipidemic and antioxidant action. But we must not forget that they can also be valid helpers when following slimming diets. We know more below.
Benefits of turmeric for weight loss
Among the benefits that turmeric gives us when it comes to losing weight we find:
- Its contribution of curcumin allows the inhibition of cell division, in particular of fat cells. Like this, it prevents the formation of new fatty tissue and therefore weight gain. This is what it says study conducted by the University of Shiraz (Iran).
- Prevents insulin resistance and helps regulate blood glucose levels, according to he claims Peking University (China). In this way, it prevents fat from being stored in the body.
- Contains polyphenols, which, according to this study made by the Complutense University of Madrid, they transform the root into an antioxidant food that helps eliminate substances harmful to health.
- Turmeric is distinguished from other spices by its anti-inflammatory effect. THE recent discoveries classify obesity as a state of chronic low-grade inflammation, so the ability of ingredients like turmeric to improve this situation is now being investigated. For now, the results appear to be positive.
Benefits of ginger for weight loss
In all its presentations, ginger can be an excellent ally to promote the loss of those extra kilos:
- The effects of ginger on weight loss have been tested in this review of studies. It has been observed that taking an extract of this spice allows you to reduce body weight, waist-to-hip ratio and blood sugar.
- It boosts levels of the neurotransmitter known as serotonin, according to this study made by the Center for the Research and Development of Medicines (Cuba). This is responsible for controlling the desire to eat and reduces the appetite. This way, allows the person to eat less food throughout the day.
- Contains gingerol and shogaol, two active components that help speed up the metabolism. Thus, it allows fat burning and the body to expend its own energy. It also affects feelings of satiety in a positive way.
- Ginger It is a spice with a high antioxidant capacity (according to this study from the Autonomous Metropolitan University of Mexico). While antioxidants do not promote weight loss per se, they are good for mitigating cardiovascular damage and risk of diabetes associated with obesity.
Delicious ginger and turmeric herbal tea for weight loss
- Half a teaspoon of turmeric powder (2.5 grams).
- 2 or 3 thin slices of ginger root.
- 1 tablespoon of honey (25 grams).
- 1 cup of water (250 milliliters).
- Peel the ginger and grate it.
- Put the water on the fire and add the ginger.
- Wait about five to ten minutes for it to boil.
- After this time, remove the preparation from the heat and strain to reserve only the liquid.
- Pour the liquid into a cup and add the turmeric powder.
- Add the honey to sweeten the infusion and mix with a spoon so that everything is perfectly integrated.
- You can add a few drops of lemon to give the drink a citrus twist. If you prefer, you can add a slice of lemon.
One or two cups of this infusion can be taken during the day, before meals, between meals or at breakfast.
Other Benefits of Ginger and Turmeric Tea
Ginger and turmeric tea is a combination with many other medicinal properties. Here are other benefits that can be obtained after drinking this drink:
- Helps keep the liver in good condition.
- AND great for digestion: This tea is an excellent digestive tonic and anti-inflammatory, perfect to take when digestion is slow, heavy and feeling bloated.
- It is also good for colds and flu. Ginger helps thin mucus and soothe coughs, suggests this article. study conducted by the University of Guayaquil (Ecuador).
Possible contraindications and precautions
Ginger and turmeric are safe when taken in food form (not supplements) and in amounts considered dietary. However, some precautions must be taken as they may also have undesirable health effects.
In the case of ginger, some side effects such as constipation or flatulence have been reported. So it’s best to introduce it in moderation in the first few days.
Also, this infusion would not be recommended in the following cases:
- Pregnancy, breastfeeding and young childrendue to lack of data to support its safety.
- In case of stones or diseases of the gallbladder. Ginger increases the secretion of bile so one must be careful with its intake.
- Turmeric, for its part, would not be indicated when you suffer from certain pathologies: bleeding disorders, diabetes (as it could interact with drugs), iron deficiency and kidney stones.
- If you are taking any type of medication or following any drug treatment it is advisable to consult your doctor to avoid possible interactions.
Also, as already indicated, it is advisable to consult a specialist before taking any ginger or turmeric supplement.
Add ginger turmeric tea to your weight loss routine
Remember that turmeric ginger tea is not a miracle drink. While it has many properties that will help you lose weight, it doesn’t have the ability to act without accompanying it with other healthy habits.
Furthermore, it must be taken into account that some of its benefits have been tested on animals or with the use of the extract of both roots. Therefore it is possible that the effect of the infusion is attenuated.
In any case, it is necessary to follow a balanced diet and exercise regularly. A specialist can draw up an individual plan that is suitable for each situation.
The post Delicious ginger and turmeric herbal tea for weight loss first appeared in research-school.