Making chicken and vegetable crepes is very simple. This recipe is very complete from a nutritional point of view. It manages to provide a high amount of protein and antioxidants which will help to cover the daily requirement, which will improve the state of health.
For this reason there will be no problem with including it regularly in the guideline, as long as it is varied and balanced.
How to prepare chicken and vegetable crepes?
If you want to prepare an exquisite recipe for chicken and vegetable crepes, you will need the following products:
- 1 teaspoon of butter
- 2 tablespoons of wheat flour
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons of light milk cream
- 1/2 chicken breast cooked and chopped
- 2 slices of mozzarella
- 2 wheat flour tortillas
- 1/2 green courgette cut into strips
- Yellow zucchini halves cut into strips
- 45 grams of broccoli
Step by step
- First, you need to make the dough. To do this, place the butter in a skillet over medium heat until it melts.
- Then add the wheat flour and mix everything very well.
- You will only have to add the milk until it boils and the result thickens.
- Immediately after, put the well-cut vegetables in the pan and leave them on the heat for 3 minutes, then add the milk cream and cook for another minute.
- Once the time has elapsed, add the already cooked and chopped chicken, finishing cooking 2 minutes later.
- Once this step is complete, all that remains is to assemble the crepes. To do this, place a special tortilla for crepes on the plate and introduce a portion of the previous preparation.
- Add the cheese on top and also a lettuce leaf.
- Finally, close the tortilla, leaving the filling inside, so that it doesn’t come out, and you’re done.
Don’t forget that you can always avoid preparing the bechamel to complete the filling. In case you want a lighter option, simply toss the veggies with the chicken and include them in the tortilla.
Benefits of chicken and vegetable crepes
Chicken crepes can provide a number of health benefits when incorporated into the diet on a regular basis. First of all it should be noted that they are a source of high biological value proteins. This items have shown be essential to help prevent the development of complex pathologies affecting lean body mass, such as sarcopenia.
Moreover, the high quality phytochemicals of the vegetables are concentrated inside. These compounds have a high antioxidant power. They are able to neutralize the formation of free radicals and their subsequent accumulation in the body’s tissues. Thanks to this, the incidence of many chronic diseases, such as cardiovascular diseases, can be reduced. This is evidenced by A study published in European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry.
Of course, we must not forget that it is an energy dish, with a high amount of carbohydrates. These elements are essential when performing high intensity exercise. In fact, a daily intake of 10 grams of carbohydrates per pound of body weight per day may be needed in people who train and compete in the elite, according to a research published in Current opinion in clinical nutrition and metabolic care.
Homemade chicken and vegetable crepes
As you have seen, making chicken and vegetable crepes at home is really simple. You won’t need much time to get a great result. As for the dough, you also have the option of making it at home, according to individual tastes. They are even prepared in the supermarket which only need to be mixed with water and then cooked in a pan.
Finally, keep in mind that vegetables must appear regularly in dietary routines to consolidate good health over the years.
The post Easy and healthy recipe for crepes with chicken and vegetables first appeared on research-school.