Generally We usually don’t vary the way we prepare fish at home. Today we offer you a delicious alternative to the classic fish recipes to break the routine: Hake and prawn meatballs in green sauce, simple and tasty. It may seem complicated to prepare meatballs with fish, especially with hake! But you will see that although it has its details, it’s not that difficult.
How to prepare hake and prawn meatballs in green sauce
Hake meatballs are not only delicious, they are also very nutritious. Fish is an exceptional source of Omega 3an essential fatty acid necessary to fight and prevent cardiovascular disease and for good brain health. He parsley Green sauce, on the other hand, provides us with a good amount of antioxidants and vitamins C, K, A, folic acid and iron.
Green sauce recipe
It’s vital to account for the sauce before starting on the main recipe, because it will go over the hake and prawn patties. Part of the contrast and the The recipe’s extra flavor comes from this blend of chopped seasonings and a touch of olive oil.
- 2 sprigs of chives or chives
- ½ glass of white wine (125 ml)
- 1 cup of vegetable broth (250 ml)
- 2 pinches of ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (30 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley (15 g)
- Heat a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in a pan.
- Next, chop the onion very finely.
- Then add a pinch of salt and mix with a wooden spoon.
- When you see that it is transparent, pour the glass of white wine and let all the alcohol evaporate.
- Add the spoonful of fresh parsley.
- Cover with the vegetable broth, lower the heat and let it cook for 10 minutes with the rest of the ingredients.
Hake and prawn meatballs recipe
- 2 boneless hake fillets (about 375 g)
- 10 fresh prawns (about 250 g)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley (30 g)
- 2 tablespoons of chickpea flour (30 g)
- 1 tablespoon of ground fennel (15 g)
- 2 teaspoons of granulated garlic (10 g)
- 1 pinch of ground cumin
- The first thing to do is clean the hake fillets very well. Be sure to remove any remnants of skin and small spines that may be left.
- Then, use an electric grinder or food processor (for a more optimal result) and repeat the same for the prawns.
- Then add the lemon zest, granulated garlic, salt and pepper.
- Gradually add the following ingredients: chopped parsley, ground fennel and an extra touch of ground cumin.
- Then you will add the egg yolk together with the chickpea flour. Mix everything very well until you get a consistent and homogeneous mass.
- It is important that the dough has the necessary consistency to be able to form the hake and prawn meatballs with your hands.
- Pour the rest of the chickpea flour into a bowl and pass the dough balls.
- To cook them you can pass them in a non-stick pan with olive oil and brown them until they are ready.
- If you want something a little lighter, place them on a tray and bake them at 170ºC for about 20 minutes.
The post Hake and prawn meatballs in salsa verde first appeared on research-school.