Nobody resists a croquette, that delicious entree with a crunchy layer and soft content. Here we will see a recipe for tuna croquettes with cheese that can also be used as a single dish.
Both ingredients work very well together, without actually blending, but without creating much contrast.
On the market there are industrially produced kibbles that are sold frozen, but It is best to prepare them at home.. In addition to the satisfaction that comes from preparing our own food, the croquettes in this recipe have no preservatives or chemicals.
Both the tuna and cream cheese have a delicate flavor that, together with the crunchy outer layer, is irresistible. Making croquettes is an art and its perfection largely depends on the frying process. Before explaining the recipe, It is good to know some tips to get an excellent result.
Recommendations for frying croquettes
The first recommendation when frying croquettes refers to the temperature of the oil; the frying fat must be very hot to obtain a sufficiently crunchy coating.
If the oil is not hot enough, cooking will be delayed. and with this the croquettes could open and get damaged. However, it shouldn’t smoke either: a temperature between 175 and 180 °C is ideal.
The second variable has to do with the type of oil. For many fried foods, the recommended oil is sunflower or corn oil; the olive one tends to emit smoke very quickly as a sign of burning.
On the other hand, the amount of oil will be such as to completely cover the croquettes; otherwise they will open before cooking. Oil control is one of the main problems in this development.
Finally, you have to fry a few croquettes each time. That means, you don’t have to fry them all togetheras this would cause the oil temperature to drop suddenly.
Tuna croquettes with cheese
This recipe is intended for 10 people. The dough is obtained with mashed potatoesbut these can be substituted for the classic béchamel cream as long as the main ingredients are kept.
- two cups of tuna well drained crumbled (400 g)
- 200 grams of cream cheese
- 4 medium potatoes
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups of breadcrumbs or ground bread (300 g)
- 3 tablespoons of cornmeal (45 g)
- 1 cup of wheat flour (150 g)
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped parsley (30 g)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Corn or sunflower oil
- Cook the potatoes in water without peeling them, until they are soft.
- Peel and mash the potatoes completely in a recipient.
- Cut the onion very finely and fry it in a little oil.
- Add the chopped tuna, the onion, an egg, the cornmeal and the parsley to the mashed potatoes. Mix very well.
- Season the previous mixture with salt and pepper and add the diced cream cheese, stirring without fully incorporating.
- Beat the remaining two eggs in a deep dish.
- Form balls or elongated shapes with your hands. You can also place the mixture in a plastic bag with one end cut off to use as a sleeve. In this way a long cylinder of a single thickness is obtained and it is divided with a wet knife.
- Once you have obtained the desired shapes, let the croquettes cool in the refrigerator for half an hour, covered with transparent film.
- Dip the croquettes first in the flour, then in the beaten eggs and finally in the breadcrumbs. Do this until you run out of the compound. At this point croquettes can be frozen fry at the desired moment.
- Once hardened, they are placed together in a bag and continue to freeze without fear of warping. When frying, it is advisable to wait about an hour after having removed them from the refrigerator.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan to around 180°C.
- Fry some croquettes until golden brown. Continue frying the rest until done.
- Place them on absorbent paper to remove excess oil..
- Serve and eat the tuna croquettes with cheese, preferably hot.
These tuna croquettes with cheese they can be accompanied with different types of sauces; they combine well with those made with citrus, aioli, avocado or tomato. A fresh salad is a good garnish option if croquettes are presented as the main course.
The post Homemade recipe of tuna croquettes with cheese appeared for the first time in research-school.