If you’re one of the people who needs a snack but wants to eat something healthy, today you’ll find out how Chips of aubergines and other vegetables. Also, if you accompany the fries with a homemade dressing or salsa, they will be a delight!
If you add other greens like cucumbers, beets or greens like carrots or squash to your fries, you get a very healthy snack for your snack. So take note and don’t miss any of these recipes.
What are Potato Chips?
THE french fries are an American term for thin-cut fries at high temperatures. They are generally disc-shaped, as the cut of the potato or potato is lengthwise.
This food is very popular in western countries. and you can buy it at any grocery store or supermarket. But if something a little healthier is what you’re looking for, it’s time you learned how to make potato chips from eggplant and other veggies.
Properties of the aubergine
THE the eggplant is one of the most used vegetables in gastronomy. In addition, it contains nutritional properties that bring many benefits to the body such as:
- It is antibacterial and antiviral, due to the presence of flavonoids in its components. Furthermore, according to some, it is rich in antioxidant compounds Education.
- Contains folic acid and dietary fiberso they recommend it for skin care, during pregnancy and for weight loss.
- Fight liver problems, because it stimulates the production of bile. In fact, some research in vitro suggest that eggplant has a hepatoprotective effect.
- Due to its high water content, it is considered a diuretic vegetable. Perfect for keeping the kidneys functioning properly.
How to make aubergine chips and other vegetables
1. Eggplant Chips
You can accompany the fries with some dressing or with garlic, tartare and even tomato sauce. Plus, you can prepare them yourself and, that way, you’ll have the perfect combination.
- 2 medium aubergines (500 g).
- 1 cup of wheat flour (120 g).
- 2 tablespoons of salt (30 g).
- 1 tablespoon rosemary powder (15 grams).
- 1/2 cup of olive oil (125 ml).
- 1 cup of sparkling water (250 ml).
- Blotting paper.
- The first thing to do is wash the aubergines well and then cut them into very thin pieces lengthwise.
- Next, mix the salt and rosemary in a small bowl.
- Now immerse the aubergine pieces in sparkling water for 20 minutes, drain them and arrange them on a plate.
- Then heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Next, dip each eggplant chip in wheat flour and fry until golden brown.
- Finally, when you have all the chips ready, drain them on absorbent paper, serve them on a plate and sprinkle them with the salt and rosemary mixture.
2. Baked Cucumber Chips
Cucumber is a vegetable with antioxidant and antidiabetic activity, this is suggested by many research. It’s also high in dietary fiber, protein, and essential minerals like potassium, magnesium, and sodium.
Likewise, it is ideal for skin care, for strengthening the connective tissues of the body and for improving the cardiovascular system.
- 2 cucumbers (400 g).
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (30 ml).
- 1 tablespoon of salt (15 g).
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley (15 g).
- 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar (45ml).
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce (15 ml).
- Aluminium sheet.
- To start, wash and cut the cucumbers lengthwise and arrange them on a plate.
- Next, mix the apple cider vinegar with the olive oil, soy sauce, salt, and chopped parsley in a medium bowl.
- Next, dip the cucumber chips in that mixture and place them on a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- To finish, bake at 180ºC for 10 or 15 minutes until they turn golden. Serve and enjoy.
3. Pumpkin Potato Chips
Pumpkin contains vitamin A and beta-carotene, essential minerals such as potassium and magnesium, as well as folic acid. In addition, it is recommended for overweight, constipation, skin and pregnancy.
- 2 cups of pumpkin (240 g).
- 1 pinch of paprika (5g).
- 1 pinch of pepper (5 g).
- 1/2 cup of wheat flour (60 g).
- 1 pinch of salt (5 g).
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil (125 ml).
- 1 spiralizer.
- First, take the pumpkin pieces and pass them through the spiralizer to give them the shape of chips.
- Next, mix the spices and salt in a medium bowl and coat the fries.
- Next, spread the wheat flour on a plate and cover them with it.
- Then heat a pan with the sunflower oil and fry the fries until golden brown.
- Finally, let them drain and cool a bit and serve. Now you know how to make eggplant and vegetable chips.
Delicious and healthy snacks
We invite you to prepare all these fries with eggplants and other vegetables, because their flavor will not disappoint you. Do you dare to consume much healthier french fries from now on?
The post How to make eggplant and other veggie chips first appeared in Better With Health.