Have you ever tried homemade cream punch? It is simply a delight and a caress for the palate. The best? It’s very, very simple to prepare and perfect for surprising your guests.
Cream punch is a typical Venezuelan drink which is usually prepared for Christmas. Its sweet and creamy flavor usually wins the heart of those who try it.
Because it is a traditional recipe that has been handed down from generation to generation it is possible to find as many variations as there are families. Read on for our recommendations.
Easy Homemade Cream Punch
To make this recipe you will need a few ingredients and a blender. Believe it or not, in just 10 minutes you will have homemade cream punch ready. Obviously we advise you to put it in the fridge because very cold it is even richer!
- 5 egg yolks
- ¼ cup white or gold rum (you can adjust the amount of alcohol to your taste)
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla essence
Step by step preparation
- Separate the yolks from the whites. To do this, you can crack the egg against the edge of a bowl and let it drain. Another option is to use the two shell pieces. To do this, pass the yolk from one side of the shell to the other, leaving the egg white to drip. Reserve the 5 yolks.
- Put the yolks in the blender and beat for three minutes. This will add air to the egg.
- Add the vanilla essence, condensed milk and rum.
- Blend for 5 minutes.
- Place the homemade cream punch in the refrigerator for at least half an hour.
- Serve in a glass with ice.
Homemade cream punch, with sugar
This version of the classic Venezuelan punch is made with custard, that is, it includes sugar. If you like punches with a lot of body, this is the best option!
Ingredients for the custard
- 250ml of milk
- 1 tablespoon of corn starch
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon of vanilla essence
Homemade cream punch ingredients
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 1 cup of white or golden rum
Easy preparation of custard
- Put all the ingredients in the blender and blend until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Once beaten, place it in a pot and cook over medium heat. It is important to stir with a wooden spoon to prevent sticking.
- When it starts to boil, let it cook for a minute and then remove from the heat.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours.
Cream punch step by step
- Place all ingredients in blender and beat for two minutes.
- Add the custard and beat again.
- Serve with ice and enjoy your meal!
Lemon cream punch
If you prefer to use whole egg, this is your recipe. In this case, we will separate the yolks and egg whites but will use both components for the recipe. The result? A very creamy homemade cream punch with a slight acidic touch that the lemon will give it.
- 2 cans of condensed milk
- 2 eggs and 2 yolks
- 1 liter of milk
- 1 liter of white or gold rum
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla essence
- Lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Separate the yolks from the whites. For the preparation you will need 4 egg yolks and 2 egg whites.
- Whip the egg whites until stiff.
- Next, add the yolks to the blender and beat. Add the whites and beat again.
- Add the milk, condensed milk and vanilla essence and beat again.
- Add the lemon zest and nutmeg.
- Finally add the rum. We recommend adding it little by little and experimenting so you can make the punch to your liking.
- Cool in the refrigerator and serve with ice.
- The amount of alcohol depends on your taste. We recommend adding the rum little by little and testing the result until you get what you expected.
- Rum can be white or goldboth look great in any recipe.
- Homemade cream punch is much richer and well chilledSo don’t rush the process. Leave it in the fridge for at least an hour.
We hope you find these homemade cream punch recipes useful and that you will impress all your guests at your next Christmas gathering or any time of the year!
The post How to Make a Delicious Homemade Cream Punch first appeared in research-school.