Passion fruit granita or any other fruit is one of the most pleasant ways to refresh and quench your thirst. Especially since if it is prepared without sugar, it is a perfect and healthy alternative to juices.
In addition, inside this wonderful little fruit there is an authentic nutrient cocktail with which you will help your body function on a daily basis and take care of your well-being.
Its edible part is the pulp, together with the seeds it contains. Rather gelatinous in consistency, it is yellow, orange or purple in colour, depending on the variety.
Passion fruit or passion fruit can be eaten fresh with the help of a spoon.. But it is also ideal for making more preparations, such as juices, smoothies, sauces, jams, cakes and other desserts.
In view of the summer, we bring a delicious passion fruit granita that we will teach you to make below. It’s that many times drinking water alone can be a bit tasteless and you need to find flavored alternatives. Here is the perfect solution.
What properties does passion fruit have?
Passion fruit belongs in the family Passifloraceae, which has more than 500 species distributed in tropical and subtropical climate regions. Specifically, passion fruit is the most produced and consumed variety worldwide.
Appreciated for its extraordinary flavor, Don’t underestimate its great nutritional value and the benefits that its consumption can bring to health. It is less and less necessary to remember the importance of introducing the recommended portions of fruit and vegetables into the diet.
in the passion fruit stands out, in particular, the presence of carbohydrates, fibres, vitamins C and A and some mineral salts (potassium, manganese, phosphorus and iron). It also contains interesting components, such as carotenes, flavonoids and anthocyanins.
Some of these nutrients and elements give it a high antioxidant activity. This means that they can neutralize free radicals, which are associated with the onset of some degenerative diseases and aging of the body.
Other benefits that can be highlighted, derived from its composition, are the following:
- THE scientific proof shows that polyphenols have an immunomodulatory role in the body. Therefore, they can make a significant contribution to the prevention of inflammatory diseases such as obesity, type II diabetes, cardiovascular problems and some cancers.
- Fiber allows for that keep the intestinal microbiota in good condition and prevent constipation. Also, the experts recommend introducing fruit into the diet as a source of fibre, since its consumption is correlated with a lower incidence of diabetes and obesity.
- Once in the body, carotenes are converted into Vitamin A. This is from especially important for the immune systemviewing and playback.
As a general rule, passion fruit consumption is safe and most people can eat it without any problems. However, it is necessary to warn about possible inconveniences.
On the one hand, there is the possibility of the appearance of fruit allergy, especially in those people with a previous latex allergy. Cross-reaction can be frequent. THE symptoms The most common are hives, itching and redness of the skin.
In addition, alkaloids and cyanogenic substances with toxic effects can be found in the peel and unripe fruits. For this reason it is important to avoid green fruits.
Passion fruit granita recipe
A perfect drink for the summer and also a way to drink water throughout the day to help hydrate the body.
- 4 passion fruit.
- 1 cup of water.
- 2 firm and ripe mangoes
- 1/2 cup sugar.
- 1 lemon.
Steps to follow in the preparation of passion fruit granita
- Wash and peel the mangoes and cut them into several pieces. Peel the passion fruit and extract all the pulp.
- Clean and dry the lemon and grate the peel.
- Next, put the two fruits in a blender glass. Then add the zest, water and sugar. Blend for about 20 seconds until a homogeneous and thick mass is obtained.
- Pour into an airtight container e freeze for 2 hours.
- After this time, beat the passion fruit granita again and put in the fridge for another 5 hours.
- Remove the granita about 20 minutes before serving. To be able to present it, break it with the help of a fork and put it in individual glasses.
If you want to make a sugar-free version, there are other ways to sweeten this drink, such as stevia. It is also possible to try a sugar-free recipe by taking advantage of the sweetness of the ingredients.
There are other tropical fruits that go very well with passion fruit and with which you can prepare a greater variety of granitas. Try fearlessly with pineapple, coconut, lemon or papaya!
Enjoy the passion fruit granita
Before making any recipe in the kitchen you need to prepare all the required ingredients. In this case the only protagonists are the fruits, with which Choosing the perfect pieces is one of the keys to the success of the granita.
At the time of purchase it is preferable to opt for specimens that weigh, as this is an indication of a pulp in good condition. Your skin shouldn’t show any bumps, green spots, or discoloration (it’s almost always green or yellow).
Fruits with wrinkled skin are ready to eat and it is advisable to do it as soon as possible. These are stored in the refrigerator. Conversely, if the peel is smooth, it should be kept at room temperature so that it can ripen and sweeten its flavour.
The passion fruit granita (alone or accompanied by other fruit) can be enjoyed at any time of the day. If you want to take it as a regular drink, much better to prepare it without sugar.
We invite you to always have it at hand to welcome your guests with a delicious soft drink, to accompany a peasant snack or to replace an alcoholic cocktail.
The post How to make passion fruit granita? first appeared on research-school