Have you ever made a salad? tortellini appetizers? This recipe, originating from Italian cuisine, is a meal that Pair stuffed pasta with cured meats, cheeses, cured meats and vegetables. And it tastes exquisite.
As the name indicates, this dish comes from the word appetizers, which means ‘appetizer’. Therefore, it is used as an entrance to a main course.
Also, a peculiarity that this salad has is that It is a suitable option to share on hot days with several diners. Now, if you want to learn how to prepare this dish, read the article that we leave you below.
Tortellini antipasti salad
Let’s see in more detail what this salad is about. tortellini appetizers. Specifically, the tortellini they are a variety of pasta. They consist of a filled square pastry which it folds back on itself forming a ring. Therefore, they look similar to the Capelets.
They are usually stuffed with mixed meats, but other varieties can be made. For example with ricotta cheese, cheese, sausages or even with vegetables if you want a vegetarian product.
The mix of vegetables that this recipe has makes this meal a low-calorie dish and ideal to consume in the summer months. Now if you want to learn how to make this salad tortellini appetizer, we leave you the list of ingredients.
Ingredients for the salad
With these quantities, 6 to 8 guests will be served. Preparation time is around 15 minutes, but most importantly, the recipe can be prepared in advance.
If so, keep in mind to store it in the refrigerator to avoid microbial contamination issues.
- 1 piece of 100 grams of lean or ricotta.
- 1 cup of pitted green or black olives
- 1 piece of 100 grams of raw ham.
- 1 1/2 units of chili pepper.
- 1 1/2 cups tomatoes cherry.
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- 10 stalks of fresh parsley.
- 3 small onions.
- 1 cup of broccoli.
- 1 pinch of salt.
Ingredients for the seasoning
- 1 teaspoon honey or 1/2 sugar.
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar.
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano.
- 2 medium cloves of garlic.
- 1/3 cup olive oil.
- 1 pinch of salt.
step by step recipe
On the one hand you have to assemble the salad and then prepare the dressing to dress it. Let’s do it!
prepare the salad
- To get started, the first thing you need to do is cook the tortellini in boiling water with a pinch of salt. Then taste them to see if they are cooked through. These pastes usually take 5-8 minutes.
- If they are cooked, drain the water using a sieve, rinse with a jet of cold water to prevent them from sticking and put them back in the pot until it is time to use them.
- Wash and cut the tomatoes in half cherry, cut the cheese or ricotta into cubes and then the ham. Reserve in a composter.
- Now it’s time to cut the peppers. Ideally, cut into strips of the same thickness. Continue with the onions, peeling them and cutting them into juliana strips. Finally, chop up the cup of broccoli.
- Once you’re done, put the vegetables in a saucepan with hot water. Add a pinch of salt and bring to the boil for 3 minutes. Then remove from the heat and discard the water. Keep them handy for when it’s time to use them.
- Once all the ingredients are ready to assemble the salad, start incorporating them into a large bowl. So that they mix well, put half the quantities first, then mix and repeat the process with the other half.
- Finally, garnish the salad tortellini appetizer with chopped fresh parsley. Refrigerate until cold.
Prepare the dressing
- To prepare the dressing use a blender. Inside, add the olive oil, vinegar, salt, seasonings and sweetener of your choice.
- Next, cut the garlic cloves in half and remove their center. Chop them and combine them together with the other products in the blender.
- Turn on the device for 2 minutes. After they are mixed well, place them in a container with a lid and also take it to the refrigerator to macerate. Before serving, drizzle the dressing on top of the salad for flavor.
Benefits of consuming Tortellini Antipasto Salad
In addition to being a delicious appetizer, this appetizer is a complete and nutritious meal. However, There are those who believe that eating pasta makes you fat. and which for this reason should be avoided if you are trying to maintain your weight.
This myth has its roots in the belief that because pasta is made with flour, it provides excess energy. However, is highlighted that this is not true and that what promotes weight gain is its excessive consumption. Therefore, they can be consumed daily, in moderate quantities.
If you want to analyze this dish, you can mention that it has an important contribution of vegetables, therefore contains vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. These are allies in the prevention of various diseases. So, entities like the World Health Organization I recommend its daily consumption.
Olives provide quality omega-type fats, beneficial for cardiovascular and brain health. For its part, cottage cheese or cheese provide calcium and protein.
Ham is also a source of protein, although it also contains fat. It is used in a minimal amount for this salad. Finally, THE tortellini they have proteins (if they are meat) and carbohydrates, due to mass.
Prepare this delicious antipasto tortellini salad
This recipe is easy to prepare and It’s ideal for when you have a meeting. Furthermore, with the dish you can vary the typical appetizers that everyone knows.
Keep in mind that you can use other vegetables and that you can give it a personal touch by using other flavoring ingredients. Use mustard, condiments such as ginger, cheese Provolone or other item you like. With as many variations as you like, prepare this recipe and enjoy its exquisite flavor.
The post How to prepare a tortellini salad appetizer? first appeared on research-school