Vegan stuffed mushrooms are a very versatile and easy to combine dish, ideal as a second course or light dinner. In this case we opted for a vegan version, replacing meat or tuna with fresh vegetables.
benefits of zucchini
Zucchini are a very interesting food from a nutritional point of view, since contains a large amount of essential vitamins and minerals for the proper functioning of the body.
It has a very low caloric intake (25 kcal per 100 grams), therefore, It is very appropriate for low calorie diets or weight loss. Furthermore, it has a high content of water, calcium, potassium, magnesium and vitamins B1, C and folic acid.
Among the benefits reported by the consumption of zucchini, the following should be highlighted:
- promotes digestion: Taking this food can help improve digestive problems such as constipation, gastritis or heartburn and reflux. It also improves intestinal transit, as it contains a significant amount of mucilage, a type of fiber beneficial to intestinal health.
- diuretic effect: The incorporation of zucchini recipes in the daily diet is associated with the elimination of excess fluids from the body due to its high potassium content and low sodium content. They are, therefore, particularly useful in case of hypertension, kidney stones or oliguria (poor urine production).
- Regulates cholesterol levels: Zucchini is a cholesterol-free food, as they have zero fat value, so by including them in our diet we are ingesting a large amount of nutrients without increasing LDL levels (commonly called bad cholesterol).
benefits of mushrooms
The mushroom belongs to the group of fresh mushrooms and has a high water content and low calorie intakejust like zucchini.
Inside the minerals, highlights the large amount of potassium, phosphorus and selenium that contribute to the body. In the case of vitamins, it is worth highlighting niacin and riboflavin, essential for the proper functioning of the metabolism, as well as folic acid and vitamin C.
consumption of this vegetable it is associated with the regulation of blood glucose levelsregulating blood pressure and strengthening the immune system.
Vegan stuffed mushrooms recipe
The stuffed mushrooms recipe is easy to follow, quick and simple, ideal for the children incorporate vegetables into their diet in a fun and rich way. Below we show the necessary ingredients and the steps to follow.
Ingredients for 4 people)
- 12 large mushrooms
- 2 medium onions
- 1 large courgette
- 1 medium carrot
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 100 ml of homemade tomato sauce
- Extra virgin olive oil
- garlic powder
How to prepare vegan stuffed mushrooms
- First wash and clean the mushrooms, remove the stem and make a hole with the help of a spoon or a knife. Reserve the stems.
- Then wash and julienne the two onions, courgettes, carrot and mushroom stems.
- Put a pan on medium heat with extra virgin olive oil, add the vegetables, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from the heat, add the previously peeled and cut tomatoes and a little tomato puree with nutritional yeast to flavor the cheese (optional).
- Finally stuff the mushrooms, place them in a previously greased oven container with a little oil. Add the basil and cook in the oven for 40 minutes at 130 ºC over high and low heat.
- Remove the mushrooms from the oven, decorate with chives and they are ready to eat.
Well, accompany this recipe with brown rice, quinoa or change the filling by adding textured soy or seitan, there are a lot of combinations.
The post How to make vegan stuffed mushrooms first appeared in research-school.