Gazpacho is a traditional recipe from the Andalusian region, although its origins are not fully known. Your original recipe, as you remember Wikipedia, It includes ingredients like olive oil, vinegar, water, and raw vegetables like tomatoes. However, we can make other variations, such as green gazpacho.
In this case the recipe excludes tomatoes and opts for other vegetables such as celery and spinach. Both vegetables have been known for their nutritional qualities ever since They are a source of vitamins, minerals, fiber and protein. Want to make this recipe at home?
Why would you make green gazpacho?
Besides being a refreshing soup, gazpacho is known as one of the healthiest recipes. Indeed, a study published in Nutrition, metabolism and cardiovascular diseases, points out that the consumption of gazpacho could help reduce hypertension and cardiovascular risk.
Now, even though we vary the veggies in the recipe in this case, it’s still a very nutritious option. On one side, celery provides vitamins, minerals, phenolic compounds, volatile oils and other nutrients, according to the provisions of art a publication of Critical Reviews in Biotechnology.
In the meantime, as highlighted Food and function, HeSpinach is a functional food due to its diverse nutritional composition, which includes vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals, and bioactives that promote health and promote disease prevention.
How to make green gazpacho
Now that we know how nutritious green gazpacho is, We just have to follow a few simple instructions to enjoy the recipe at home. Of course, if you prefer, you can opt for other types of vegetables to vary the flavor of the recipe. Let’s do it!
- 3 stalks of celery
- 1 small avocado
- The peel of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (30 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of ground cumin (15 g)
- 2 cups of spinach (80 g)
- 3 cups of water (750ml)
- 1 pinch of salt
Preparation of green gazpacho
- We start by cutting the celery stalks. Ideally, you should do it in half, not in too small pieces.
- Next, remove the skin from the avocado and the seed. For this green gazpacho recipe, you will only use the pulp.
- In a blender glass put the following ingredients: water, salt, extra virgin olive oil, cumin powder and spinach leaves.
- Then add the avocado pulp and celery sticks.
- Proceed to beat for about 1 minute, until you notice that the mixture is firm and with a homogeneous consistency.
- Finally, serve in a deep dish for broths or soups, and proceed to grate the lemon peel. It will be enough.
- If you wish, you can also add a touch more olive oil and onion sprouts.
In summary, green gazpacho is part of a large catalog of highly beneficial foods for health. Indeed, we will always advise you eat healthy foods and eat a balanced diet.
The post How to prepare a green gazpacho first appeared in research-school.