Many times we need to eat something in the late afternoon. With these 5 snacks you can prepare at home, you can indulge without any guilt, because they are made with healthy ingredients.
Since it is a dish that we eat almost at the end of the day, we have to be careful with the calories and carbohydrates we consume. Do not forget that the body at this time does not process food quickly.
As, we will teach you how to prepare them 5pm or snacks fast and healthy at home. Plus, you can make different variations so your family can enjoy them. This will be a rich, nutritious and delicious way to share with family.
1. Fruit skewers, perfect for mid-afternoon
Adequate consumption of fruit is essential to improve the quality of the diet. Here’s how it stands out research published in Advances in nutrition, which also points it out they are a source of dietary fiber, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
Therefore, fruits are foods that we cannot skip in a balanced diet.. However, many times we get bored eating them. So that this does not happen to you, what you have to do is prepare different presentations and with condiments that we guarantee you will love.
- 2 apples
- 1 pear
- ½ pineapple
- 1 cup of watermelon (100 grams)
- ½ cup of strawberries (75 g)
- 2 tablespoons of honey (50 g)
- To start, peel and cut all the fruit.
- Then, use the wooden toothpicks to skewer all the fruit pieces that you cut
- Finally, spread some honey for each fruit skewer.
Yes, just like you read. Don’t worry about the amount of calories and carbohydrates, you can use light foods for its preparation. This way, you will not only brighten up your day, but also take care of your health and that of your loved ones. We hope you like them.
- 1 loaf of whole grain bread
- 250 grams of minced meat
- 1 tomato
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 onion
- 4 slices of mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons of salt (30 g)
- 1 tablespoon of pepper (15 g)
- ½ tablespoon of chopped parsley (8 g)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (30ml)
- season the meat. Put it in a bowl and add the salt, pepper and parsley, mix well so that the ingredients mix and reserve.
- Then, julienne the tomato and the onionand cut the lettuce leaves in half. Put them in a separate bowl and reserve.
- After, make meatballs with the minced meat season and mash them until they are a bit fine.
- Then, heat a griddle over medium heat with a little olive oil and put the meat to cook for about 10 minutes. Then remove from heat and reserve.
- Cut a few slices of wholemeal bread e Go and incorporate the other ingredients; start with the meat and then add the vegetables.
- Finally, before serving you can add a little ketchup to your mini-burgers.
3. Yogurt with nuts
One of the best ways to take care of your weight and health when it comes to a mid-afternoon craving is yogurt. This food is a source of high quality protein, as well as calcium, phosphorus, vitamins and carbohydrates.according to the information of a study published in the journal Hospital Nutrition.
The best thing about this food is that it is so versatile that you can combine it with whatever you wantbut this time you will use nuts as they are very healthy and also have multiple benefits.
- 1 ¼ cups of Greek yogurt (300 grams)
- 3 tablespoons of almonds (45 g)
- 2 tablespoons of hazelnuts (30g)
- 1 tablespoon of peanuts (15 g)
- 2 spoons of honey (50g)
- ½ tablespoon of cinnamon (7 g)
- walnuts to decorate
- Start, pour the yogurt cups into the blender.
- Then, go add the nuts one by one while the blender is on.
- After, add honey and blend for another minute.
- Finally serve in medium glasses and sprinkle some cinnamon and walnuts on the yoghurt.
4. Strawberry Milkshake
The little ones at home will love this recipe. and will make everyone satisfied. Strawberry is an excellent fruit for the growth of children, since, As evidenced by a study published in Food and function, is rich in vitamin C, phosphorus, calcium, potassium and folic acid. Therefore, it is ideal for preparing a delicious mid-afternoon smoothie.
- 2 cups of strawberries (300 grams)
- 2 glasses of skimmed milk (400 ml)
- 3 tablespoons of stevia (45 ml)
- Put the strawberries in the blender next to the skimmed milk and blend well until you have no lumps.
- After, add stevia and blend for another minute.
- Finally serve in medium glasses and decorate with a few strawberries.
5. Mini plantain tostones
In this opportunity you can prepare something completely new and with a lot of taste for your family. The banana is a fruit that has been used in many ways in gastronomy. Moreover, It is a food that provides a lot of energy.
- 2 green bananas
- 1 grated carrot
- ½ cup chopped cabbage (50 g)
- 1 tablespoon of light mayonnaise (20g)
- 1 tablespoon of salt (15 g)
- ¼ cup of olive oil (50 ml)
- First, peel and cut the bananas into slices.
- Then heat the olive oil in a large skillet and add the banana slices.
- After 3 minutes, remove the slices and drain them. Wait for them to cool down a bit and mash them with the help of a plate. Return to the pan until your tostones are golden brown. Reservation.
- Then, in a medium bowl mix carrot and cabbage with a teaspoon of light mayonnaise with a little salt.
- Finally, serve the tostones and enjoy.
you’ve already seen, There are five recipes that are very easy to prepare. Not only that, they’re healthy, delicious, and will fill you up if you get hungry in the middle of the afternoon. Ready to try them?
The post We know these 5 mid-afternoons you can prepare at home first appeared on research-school.