Mango is one of the fruits that can help fight the symptoms of slow digestion. Thanks to its intake of dietary fiber, it improves digestion and facilitates the elimination of waste retained in the colon. How to prepare mango for constipation?
While many people turn to synthetic laxatives when they have this problem, natural options like mango are more recommended. This fruit does not produce unwanted side effects and can be incorporated into the diet regularly.
It is also a good option to give the body “extra” energy, since its sugars are absorbed slowly and do not raise blood sugar. Then we want to share its properties in detail and some recipes to enjoy it.
Benefits of mango for constipation
Mango is a deliciously sweet fruit that comes from a tree in the family of gods Anacardiaceae such Eat. It comes in different varieties, which can be red, yellow or green. Its shape is rounded and its shell thick and smooth.
Since ancient times it has been highlighted as a food beneficial to human health, since it it is a source of vitamins A, B and C and minerals such as potassium, calcium and magnesium.
Plus, it has a significant dose of dietary fiber and antioxidants. It should be noted that vitamin C is an essential nutrient for improving the functioning of the immune system, according to a study published in Nutrients.
Plus, its fiber intake is what makes it great for fighting constipation. This substance, added to its water content, optimizes the functions of the digestive system and helps regulate intestinal peristalsis.
Other benefits of mango for constipation derive from its polyphenols, substances with an antioxidant action have shown they help reduce inflammation.
Its assimilation in the body improves the composition of the intestinal microbiota and stimulates the elimination of toxins.
On the other hand, the vitamin C it contains is also capable of doing this inhibit the effects of free radicals, second evidence current.
How to prepare mango for constipation?
The traditional way to consume mango for constipation is in its natural, raw, ripe state. A small unit or ¾ cup chopped is the adequate serving to get this benefit.
However, its properties can be enhanced if we mix it with other ingredients. Even if that means adding a few calories, are ideal options to treat this problem without having to resort to synthetic laxatives. Try them!
Mango and oatmeal smoothie
By combining mango with oat flakes we can obtain a smoothie with a high content of dietary fiber, ideal for dealing with constipation. At the same time, It is a satiating drink that controls the anxiety to eat without adding too many calories.
- 1 ripe mango.
- 2 tablespoons of rolled oats (30 grams).
- 1 glass of water (200 milliliters).
- 2 tablespoons of honey (50 grams).
- First, chop the pulp of a ripe mango.
- Pour it into the blender and add the oats and glass of water.
- Then blend for a few minutes, until a homogeneous drink is obtained.
- Serve it and sweeten it with spoonfuls of honey.
mode of consumption
- Take the smoothie on an empty stomach or as part of breakfast.
- Repeat the intake at least 3 times a week.
Mousse healthy mango
This mousse It is a healthy recipe to enjoy the benefits of mango for constipation. It’s a good option for childrenas they find it very attractive and delightful. It can be eaten for breakfast or as a snack.
- 1 sheet of unflavored gelatin.
- ½ cup of water (125 milliliters).
- 4 ripe mangoes.
- 1 glass of low-fat natural yogurt (200 millilitres).
- First, dissolve the unflavored gelatin in half a glass of boiling water.
- Next, cut the ripe mangoes into several pieces and add them to the blender.
- Add the yoghurt and the melted gelatine and work for a few minutes.
- Transfer the mixture into a glass container and place it in the refrigerator.
mode of consumption
- When dessert is ready, eat a small portion for breakfast. If you wish, repeat this when you feel hungry between meals.
Mango smoothie with coconut milk
Another mango smoothie for constipation is the one made with coconut milk. Thanks to its contribution of fatty acids and amino acids, It is an energy drink that also helps improve sports performance.
- 2 ripe mangoes.
- 1 glass of coconut milk (200 milliliters).
- Ice cubes (to taste).
- Peel the ripe mangoes and cut them into several pieces.
- Next, put them in the blender glass and mix them with the coconut milk.
- Finally, add ice to taste and serve.
mode of consumption
- Drink the drink mid-morning, at least 3 times a week.
Introduce mango into your diet
Do you feel heavy in your stomach? Do you have digestive difficulties and constipation? Do not hesitate to use mango as a remedy to combat it. As you can see, it is very nutritious and can be added to the diet in a variety of ways.
The post Mango against constipation: benefits and ways to prepare it appeared first in research-school.