Orange smoothie with pumpkin, grapefruit and mango is it a rich and sweet drink that will make you lose weight and feel satisfied throughout the day. This orange smoothie contains high amounts of vitamin C, thanks to the mango and orange, and fiber and beta-carotene, thanks to the pumpkin and grapefruit.
Below, discover the benefits of each of its ingredients. At the end we share the recipe so you can prepare it at home, quick and easy.
benefits of grapefruit
Half a grapefruit contains 64% of the recommended daily allowance (RDA) of vitamin C, as well as small amounts of protein, vitamin A, manganese, thiamin, folic acid and magnesium.
Plus, grapefruit is high in fiber and water with only 52 calories, so It is one of the least caloric fruits.
Grapefruit also contains a wide variety of antioxidants. One of them is lycopene, which was tried That reduces the risk of prostate cancer. It also provides us with flavonoids, which have anti-inflammatory properties.
In this orange smoothie, the grapefruit provides moisture to the other ingredients and facilitates the blending process.
benefits of mango
Mangoes aid weight loss because they contain phytochemicals which prevent fat cells from expanding their walls, which prevents weight gain. They also contain malic acid and tartaric acid. These two elements keep the body alkaline and reduce the risk of weight gain caused by insulin resistance.
One whole mango contains 3 grams of fiber and can help with the removal of matter from the intestinal walls, which helps with the detoxification process.
The fibrous pulp of the fruit acts as a natural carbohydrate blocker, which helps to maintain sugar levels stable in blood
Its natural probiotics promote a healthy gut and help reduce belly fat. Just one cup of mango (165 g) contains:
- 75% of the RDA of vitamin C.
- 25% of the RDA of vitamin A.
- more than 25 carotenoids different types that help fast recovery after exercise.
In this orange smoothie, the mango acts as a thickener adds body to the smoothie and makes it creamy.
Benefits of pumpkin
Pumpkin is higher in calories and carbohydrates than other vegetables of its type, but it also has more dietary fiber. One cup of pumpkin (116 g) contains 115 calories and 9 grams of dietary fiber.
- Dietary fiber helps satisfy your appetite and helps you lose weight by slowing the rate at which your body absorbs sugar and glucose.
- This keeps blood sugar levels stable and discourages the body from releasing unwanted insulin that will store fat.
- Also, squash is high in potassium. 1 cup of pumpkin contains 564 mg, which is three times as much as a medium banana contains.
- Pumpkin also has large amounts of vitamin Aalpha-carotene, lutein and zeaxanthin which help maintain healthy vision.
In this orange smoothie, pumpkin helps improve texture, giving it a creamy texture and a sweet twist.
Orange helps in having better digestion and relieves gas and bloating in the stomach. Through the citric acid of the orange, the digestive system regulates itself, assimilates nutrients better and facilitates the digestion of food.
It also contributes to liver health. This is good for weight loss, because a healthy liver works faster and thus reduces stomach bloating and indigestion.
- It is a fruit with a large amount of fiber that makes the metabolism work faster, increasing the consumption of calories.
- It also supplies vitamin B, a nutrient that increases the lipolytic action. That means, naturally eliminates cellulite and toxins from the body.
This is very helpful, as the rest of the ingredients in this orange smoothie can speed up the appearance of stretch marks.
Orange smoothie recipe
Ingredients (for 2 servings)
- ½ cup pumpkin (58 g)
- ½ cup of Mango minced (82.5 g)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (5 g)
- ½ orange wedges
- 5 walnuts
- ½ cup grapefruit juice (125 mL)
- ½ cup of water (125 ml)
- Ice (to taste)
- Cut the mango and pumpkin into small pieces.
- If the squash is very hard, you can boil it and then keep it in the refrigerator until it’s time to use it.
- Blend all the ingredients until a creamy and homogeneous consistency is obtained.
- The walnuts can be incorporated into the preparation or chopped separately and added on top to decorate the smoothie.
You can prepare this orange smoothie in advance and store it in the refrigerator (up to 24 hours)or freeze it in ice cube trays for later use.
The post Orange Smoothie with Pumpkin, Grapefruit and Mango for Weight Loss appeared first in research-school.