In general, any spreadable dessert that is made and that can be bought in shops or supermarkets contains elements of animal origin among its ingredients. Because there are some people who don’t consume them, for different reasons, today you will discover how to make vegan cocoa cream.
Find out in this article how to prepare this delicious recipe that has nothing to envy to other similar products. Keep reading!
A vegan, healthy and nutritious recipe
What makes this cream interesting is that, in addition to not containing any lactose nor any similar element which also has its origin in animals it is very healthy and nutritious. This is due to the ingredients you will be using to make this innovative dessert.
The truth is there is a lot of skepticism about the preparations vegan and even more if he is one who uses chocolate and does not follow the “common” current of spreadable creams. That’s why Vegan Cacao Creme will be so revolutionary when you make it and even more so when you try it.
A dairy-free cocoa spread?
What allows you to replace so many ingredients that are used for traditional sweets is what gives this preparation the seal of quality and nutrition. Read more about what benefits do you getPay attention to what we will include:
- THE at your place: They are the basis for making this vegan cocoa cream and, moreover, they do not contain a single gram of artificial sugar.
- Vegetable milk. For this recipe you will use almonds.
- Salt is part of the trick for more flavor and to enhance the intensity of the mixtures made. This time you will only use a little.
As you can see, swapping the traditional creme de cacao and hazelnuts a bit for a vegan creme de cacao isn’t a bad idea or as crazy a plan as it might seem to you. The challenge has arrived knowing how to replace both sugar (in quantities and portions) and cow’s milk in its entirety.
Finally, there may be some complications and you must pay close attention to the details that we are going to show you in this elaboration. Of course, don’t worry about the taste. If you do each step correctly, you’ll find it hard to tell the traditional recipe apart from the one you just made.
How to make a delicious vegan cocoa cream
Previous tricks and recommendations
Since you will be changing an original recipe, you need to have some utensils and tricks on hand that you will put into practice. They are indispensable for the result of this dessert to be perfect. So take note and get to work.
1. The type of fruit.
Using dates as a fruit to impart a sweet flavor to vegan creme de cacao, the most recommended variety is the “medjoul”. You can buy them by going to a store specializing in vegan products or, depending on where you are, in a supermarket.
2. Use a good mixer.
Part of the success or failure of this recipe lies in the quality of the tool What will you use to make it? As you have already seen, it will be very difficult to get it right if you use hand tools.
- Ideally, you should use a quality hand mixer when blending everything together to get a very smooth mixture.
Recipe for making vegan cocoa cream
- 1 1/2 cups shelled, toasted, unsalted hazelnuts (225g).
- 1 cup of pitted dates (200 g).
- 2 spoons of unsweetened cocoa powder (30 g).
- 1 cup of almond milk (250 ml).
- ½ tablespoon of salt (8 g).
- If for some reason you can’t find the toasted hazelnuts, you can put them in the oven for 15 minutes at 180ºC and in the end you will have them ready.
- Then, you will have to mash them very well. Because of this, you will be using an electric shredder or a blender with a lot of power. The result will be a powder or, failing that, a kind of cream. Don’t be alarmed, it’s normal.
- Next, you will have to add the dates but first you will have to remove the bones they contain to pass them through the mill again.
- Now it’s time to add the cocoa powder. without sugar, a pinch of salt and almond milk.
- Again, you’ll be going through the grinder or blender hard. Remember, this requirement is important.
- You will shred at intervals of 2 to 4 minutes. But keep that in mind the final result will not be like that of the creams commercial and industrial.
- Being homemade, it will have some imperfections and lumps. It’s normal, you don’t need to worry.
- Time out, keep everything in a bowl or glass and refrigerate for 2 hours to then spread with bread or any other element you prefer.
The post Prepare a delicious vegan and healthy cocoa cream first appeared in research-school.