Symptoms of pharyngitis range from fever and sore throat to general malaise and pain. It is caused by bacteria, so its main treatment is through the use of antibiotics that your doctor will prescribe.
Bacterial agents such as Streptococcus pyogenes and the Haemophilus influenzae They have a lot to do with the appearance of pharyngitis. Weird names, right? More simply, the cause of pharyngitis is the inflammation of the mucous membrane lining the pharynx when it comes into contact with some viruses.
Although a visit to the doctor is necessary, it is also useful to know how to improve symptoms using some natural remedies. Scope!
5 natural remedies to relieve the symptoms of pharyngitis
From cifasalud explain that pharyngitis is “an inflammation of the mucous membrane of the pharynx which often causes pain when swallowing. The pharynx, commonly known as the throat, is the cavity that extends from the back of the nose and mouth to the beginning of the larynx and esophagus.
Many times by constantly consuming certain types of drugs over time we generate resistance or tolerance to their compounds and they stop having an effect on our body. That’s why we thought about it 5 natural remedies to relieve the symptoms of pharyngitis quickly.
1. Baking soda
Baking soda has it antiseptic and soothing properties, ideal for treating inflammation of the tonsils or throat. What you should do is pour a spoonful of this mixture into a bottle and shake it well. Gargle for 1 minute, spit and repeat the process.
2. Lemon and honey
Possibly is the best natural combination to fight colds or infections are lemon and honey. This remedy is perfect for disinfecting and slightly reducing inflammation in the affected area. Furthermore, honey works as a powerful expectorant, which is why it is recommended for eliminating dry cough and phlegm, as well as other types of respiratory ailments.
- In a cup, squeeze 2 lemons and add 1 tablespoon of honey
- Take it in the morning, but especially at night so you rest well
- If the taste is a bit strong, add some water.
3. Soft diet
One of the best-known symptoms of pharyngitis is difficulty swallowing.i.e. not being able to swallow either has difficulty swallowing solid foods. This is why we advise you to follow a soft diet, and by this we mean soups, juices, smoothies and creams.
- Vegetable creams are excellent for feeding and at the same time making it easier to swallow.
- If you have a fever, we recommend hydrating yourself with soups or chicken stock. Of course, see a doctor if you think the temperature is too high.
- Cold smoothies will ease some irritation and itching, but try to make them fruity, especially citrusy because they contain vitamin C.
Blueberries contain anti-inflammatory properties that help improve swallowing when suffering from pharyngitis. Candies prepare porridge, juice or smoothie with 1 to 2 cups of blueberries and some water. Try not to use sugar, if it tastes very plain use some honey or stevia.
Even if it seems unpleasant, vinegar is antiseptic and antibacterialhence it is very effective in curing tonsil infection especially when there is pus in the area.
You will only need to take a glass of water and pour 4 tablespoons of vinegar into it. After that, gargle for half a minute and spit it out.
6. Cleaning the tonsils with hydrogen peroxide
This is one of the most effective remedies to get rid of tonsil infection. When there is pus present, extra care and attention should be paid, as this means that the infection has spread.
- Soak a cotton ball with some hydrogen peroxide.
- Proceed to cleanse the area of pus, being very careful not to hurt yourself or vomit.
- When you remove most of the pus plaque, you stop the process
- Repeat as often as necessary until you notice no more pus is forming
7. Gargle with warm water and salt
Salt contains sodium, and that’s a excellent antibacterial compound for treating pharyngeal infections. This remedy helps eliminate microorganisms and at the same time improves discomfort:
Take a glass of warm water and pour a spoonful of salt into it. Mix well so that the salt is diluted and gargle for 1 minute. Then spit it out and repeat the process about two more times.
The post Remedies to relieve the symptoms of pharyngitis appeared first in research-school.