Your overnight skincare routine is just as, or even more, important than the steps you take in the morning before you leave the house. It is essential if we want to take care of the complexion and have beautiful and healthy skin.
In this article we share 7 tips that we must apply on a daily basis. In less than 10 minutes, and with the right products for the skin, we will be able to prepare the face for a restful rest. Scope!
Nighttime skin care routine
THE American Academy of Dermatology suggests know your skin type to choose the right products and care based on its characteristics. Therefore, firstly It’s convenient to know if we have oily, combination, dry, normal or sensitive skin.
Once this is defined, we can search the market for products that meet the needs. Then, we can incorporate them into the routine to take care of the skin during the night. What should we consider?
1. You should always remove your makeup
The first step in your nightly skincare routine is the most important. You need to remove make-up well before proceeding to prepare your face for breakage. If we don’t remove the remains of makeup, we clog the pores and tomorrow morning we will wake up much worse.
As evidenced by one publication in Indian Journal of Dermatology, many of the cosmetic products we use are not soluble in water and, therefore, it is not enough to wash the skin to remove them. AS, we must choose detergents that have substances with this ability and which, moreover, do not cause skin irritation.
- We can opt for a thicker and oilier make-up remover if we use a good amount of permanent cosmetics.
- For a more superficial and natural make-up, however, we can use a more fluid and light product.
- We can also integrate cleaning with soaps, creams and exfoliating products. The latter should only be used 1 or 2 times a week.
2. A tonic for tiredness
Your nightly skincare routine should also include a toner fight the signs of fatigue and complete cleansing. Second information in Dermatology timesCurrently, there are formulas for all skin types: dry, oily, acne-prone, among others.
The ideal is to choose the one that best suits your needs. So they can help us deeply cleanses the pores, rebalances the skin and hydrates the complexion.
- We recommend opting for a product that does not contain alcohol, which gives a feeling of freshness but in the long run it dries and damages the skin.
- We can find natural ones. The most popular are rose, rosemary and witch hazel.
3. The right serum for your skin
Serum is a product that is applied just before the moisturizer and that it is characterized by a high concentration of nutrients. We can apply it in the morning and in the evening, although before going to bed is the most effective time.
A study published in Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology concluded that the use of the serum, combined with the cleansing and moisturizing cream, helps treat photodamaged skin and improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
The type of serum will depend on what we want to give to the skin. The most common contain hyaluronic acid, collagen, vitamins A, B or C, coenzyme Q10etc.
4. A night cream only
From the age of 25 or 30 we can start using a specific moisturizer for the night. We must keep in mind that the face cream we apply at night is not the same as the daytime one. During the night hours, thanks to rest, the skin will absorb nutrients much better than during the day.
Therefore, in addition to providing hydration, this type of product helps fight aging. There are formulas with different components, choose the one that suits your skin type, age and needs.
5. Use eye cream
Eye creams are unlikely to remove existing wrinkles. However, including them in your nightly routine does It can be useful to protect this delicate area of the face.
In a study published in Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology it has been established that four weeks of treatment with this type of product can help improve the smoothness of the periorbital skin and diminish the appearance of larger wrinkles.
6. A self-massage is the most effective
If we have a few extra minutes to complete our skincare routine at night, we should treat ourselves to a self-massage. Or, even better, have your partner do it for us, so that relaxation is greater.
A facial massage is the best remedy for relaxes facial tension, firms the skin and activates circulation. In this way, the skin will absorb the products we have applied much better.
To complete the routine we must not forget these final advice on a good rest:
- The bedroom should be dark, without any kind of light.
- Before going to sleep we should try to leave our mind blank, forget our worries and relax our faces.
- If we have face swelling problems, when we get up we can try to use cosmetics with a lighter texture, as well as cushion a little higher.
- Sleeping fewer hours than necessary affects the appearance of the face. However, oversleeping also makes us look tired the next day.
Haven’t applied these night care products yet to keep your skin radiant? Keep them in mind from now on to promote healthy skin. Moreover, Don’t forget to see your dermatologist regularly.
The post Routine to take care of the skin at night: 7 tips to apply appeared first in research-school.