Chafing is a small injury to the skin of the feet due to the rigid material of some types of footwear. These, although not serious, they cause pain, discomfort, and are sometimes prone to infection.
They usually occur on the heels since then It’s an area that tends to rub continuously with shoes. However, it can also affect other areas of the feet and can cause minor or more serious injury.
Luckily, the use of treatments of natural origin helps to speed up recovery, repairs the affected skin and creates a barrier against infections. Are they affecting you? Discover 5 solutions.
1. Aloe vera and coconut oil to treat chafing
A natural cream based on aloe vera and coconut oil supplies the skin with essential nutrients that support its repair process. Both have antimicrobial agents that prevent infection while the tissue heals.
- 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel (30 g)
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil (15 g)
- Add the ingredients in a container and mix them until a homogeneous gel is obtained.
How to use
- Rub the cream on the rubbing area and leave it to act without rinsing.
- Repeat its use 2 or 3 times a day, until complete relief.
2. Witch hazel infusion
the infusion of witch hazel It has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties that help relieve the rubbing that forms on the feet.
Its application on the wound promotes the repair of the affected skin and Reduces the presence of bacteria and infectious agents.
- 2 tablespoons of witch hazel (20 g)
- 1 cup of water (250ml)
- Boil the cup of water and add the tablespoons of witch hazel.
- Leave to stand at room temperature and, after 20 minutes, filter.
How to use
- Spray the liquid on the wound and let it absorb without rinsing.
- If desired, rub it with a cotton ball or cloth.
- Use it 3 times a day until your feet are relieved.
3. Sea salt and lavender oil
By combining the antiseptic action of sea salt with the regenerating power of lavender oil, we can obtain a relaxing treatment to promote healthy feet.
These ingredients relieve small lesions on the skin of the heels and, incidentally, remove dead cells.
- 2 tablespoons of sea salt (20 g)
- 2 tablespoons of lavender oil (30 g)
- 5 cups of water (1250 ml)
- Heat the water and, before it reaches a boil, remove it from the heat and add the salt and the lavender oil.
- Put everything in a container and check that the temperature is suitable for the skin.
How to use
- Soak feet for 20 minutes, making sure to cover affected areas from rubbing.
- Repeat its application 2 or 3 times, until you notice an improvement in the skin.
chamomile flowers have disinfectant, anti-inflammatory and antioxidants which, together, are ideal for reducing foot injuries caused by certain types of footwear.
Its infusion can be used as a therapeutic method, as it reduces the pain and inflammation caused by this problem.
- 3 tablespoons of chamomile flowers (30 g)
- 3 cups of water (750ml)
- Pour the chamomile flowers into a pot of boiling water.
- Let it rest for a few minutes and, in addition, add a little cold water to regulate the temperature.
How to use
- Soak your feet for 15-20 minutes.
- Repeat its use 2 times a day, at least 3 consecutive days.
5. Banana and avocado
The banana pulp combined with the avocado creates a cream with moisturizing and regenerating properties, ideal for stimulating the healing of small skin lesions.
These ingredients, which contain fatty acids, amino acids and antioxidants, they lubricate the affected area and stimulate the regeneration of its cells.
- ½ ripe banana
- ½ ripe avocado
- Mash the pulp of half a banana and mix it with the pulp of half a ripe avocado.
- Make sure you mix them until you get a creamy paste.
How to use
- Rub the cream into the scratches and leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water and repeat use every night.
Does rubbing hurt your feet when you put your shoes on? Use any of these remedies to cure them in a short time. Moreover, try covering them with a bandage to avoid complications.
The post Relieve Sore Feet With These 5 Natural Solutions first appeared in research-school.