The Church of Saint Ilie – the Inn of Colței is located on Doamnei street, and access to the place is through a secluded courtyard. In the period 1954-2009, it served as the church of the Bulgarian community in Romania, being given to it for use by the Romanian Orthodox Church. The church and parish house are now listed as a historical monument.
Between 1725-1730, a wooden church was built by the churchman Radu Colțea. In 1745, this land belonged to the Colțea Inn, so the church was known as St. Elijah from the Colțea Inn. Affected by the earthquakes of 1802, 1829 and 1838, the wooden church was demolished. In its place, Lazăr Kalenderoglu, father of doctor Nicolae Kalinderu and lessee of the Colțea Inn, built a second church, namely the current place of worship that was founded between 1838 and 1841.
The new church represents an accumulation of Western influences, which is manifested in the architecture through the neoclassical style. The approach to realism, the use of new techniques and a greater freedom in terms of iconography are also observed in the painting.
The building has retained certain original features representative of the 19th century, but certain elements have changed according to the fashion of the time. Moreover, the structure has undergone several interventions, mostly caused by earthquakes.
The plan of the church is of the basilica type with a central nave and two narrower side naves spread along four bays. The apse of St. Altar is present on the east side, and an access portico on the west side. On the outside, above the pronaos is an octagonal belfry.
The mural painting of the church is made in oil, in a style characteristic of the 19th century, inspired by the creation of artists such as Gheorghe Tătărescu and Constantin Lecca.
Inside, the walls were covered with imitation marble made in light shades, and the columns with a shade imitating wood. On the west wall, the author painted the founders of the church in two medallions.