An intestinal infection is a condition that we usually commonly suffer from. Indeed, we can introduce it at any age, especially in childhood. Also, pIt can be caused by a virus, parasite or bacteria present both in the environment and in the food or water we ingest on a regular basis.
In any case, we must pay close attention to its symptoms, as it is essential to act quickly and take all necessary measures.
Also, in the case of children or elderly dehydration becomes a dangerous enemy that threatens your health.
In this article, you will learn more about intestinal infection, its symptoms, causes and prevention. We will also tell you how you can cure it at home with natural remedies.
The causes of intestinal infections can vary according to age, since in children and the elderly it tends to attack more strongly.
- Food that has expired or is exposed to bacteria (walking stalls that do not respect proper handling).
- Water from taps and faucets that are usually full of parasites and bacteria.
- Virus transmitted from person to person.
- Do not wash your hands after using the bathroom.
- Being exposed to animal or human feces.
As mentioned, the symptoms can vary and can be stronger in risk groups:
- fever andchills
- a lot of weakness
- nausea possiblyfrequent omissions.
- Tiredness and apathy.
- Abdominal inflammation, produced by parasites
- bowel sounds
There are many ways to avoid an intestinal infection. Also, these are habits we should acquire:
- First, wash your hands after going to the toilet ocwhen we manipulate objects from the street or from the ground.
- Also, use antibacterial gel frequently.
- Instead, avoid the consumption of street foods if they do not have the correct aseptic measures.
- Of course, check the expiration date of the food that we are about to consume
- Also, wash fruits and vegetables before preparation.
- Avoid drinking tap water or unreliable pipes, and always drink clean water.
- If we consume food from the day before, store it in the refrigerator to avoid the accumulation of bacteria.
- Finally, wash your cutlery wellas food residues remain there and can produce bacteria.
Treat intestinal infection with 3 natural remedies
The first thing to do if symptoms persist is to see a doctor. Once we get your approval, we can supplement your treatment with the following remedies.
1. Ginger water
Ginger is a root with excellent medicinal properties. Thanks to its antiviral and antibacterial action, it is a good way to prevent these problems, according to this study conducted by King Health University (Saudi Arabia).
Moreover, it also allows you to regulate intestinal transit and relieves inflammation of its mucosa, reduce intestinal pain and inflammation.
- 1 tablespoon of ginger root (15 g)
- 2 cups of water (500ml)
- First we heat the water together with the ginger root and bring it to a boil.
- After that, we wait for it to boil and turn off. Then, we let it sit until it cools down and pour it into a plastic bottle.
- We have to ingest the liquid throughout the day. If we run out of it, it is recommended to prepare a new one.
- In addition, the ideal is to swallow two bottles to put an end to this intestinal infection quickly.
2. Peppermint tea
Peppermint tea is a great natural remedy when it comes to relieving inflammation and calming irritation of the intestinal wall as stated by this study conducted by the University of Tripoli (Libya). Therefore, it is a great option to complete the treatment of intestinal infection.
This tea also absorbs excess intestinal gas. Moreover, it has antispasmodic properties that quickly relieve abdominal discomfort that we present
Peppermint also calms the stomach. Therefore, it will help a lot in cases of intestinal infection accompanied by gastric symptoms such as dizziness or vomiting.
- 1 tablespoon dried peppermint leaves (15 g)
- 1 cup of water (250ml)
- First we will heat the water with the peppermint until it boils.
- Then, when it comes to a boil, turn off the heat and let it sit for 5-7 minutes.
- Finally, it is recommended to ingest it 3 times a day.
3. Lemon juice and water
Lemon juice is a very effective natural remedy that helps purify and fight intestinal impurities. Likewise, it also eliminates the microorganisms responsible for infections. According to this study Produced by the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (Brazil), it has important anti-inflammatory properties.
Furthermore, it facilitates the regulation of intestinal transit. AS, relieves various symptoms such as abdominal pain, cramps, loss of appetite and diarrhea.
- 1 cup of water (250ml)
- The juice of 1 lemon
- First, we add the juice of 1 lemon to a cup of water, mix and ingest.
- Also, it is important to consume it throughout the day to allow for the rapid elimination of this condition.
In any case, never forget that an intestinal infection is a condition that requires medical attention. Therefore, remember that you should consult the specialist.
The post Cure intestinal infection with 3 natural remedies appeared first in research-school.