The use of vinegar for dandruff stems from one of the most popular uses it has in kitchens around the world when used as a salad dressing. However, we must know that certain properties are attributed to it that could be beneficial for the hair.
This sour-tasting liquid, produced by the acetic fermentation of alcohol, has already been prescribed throughout history to treat various conditions and symptoms. On this occasion, we will tell you more about its benefits and how it can help get rid of dandruff. Discover!
Apple cider vinegar, an effective remedy for dandruff?
Have you ever noticed white dots on your dark clothes? Dandruff, also known as pityriasis, is a common problem that affects the scalp and causes it to flake. While not a serious condition, it can be embarrassing and difficult to treat.
According to one Mayo Clinic publication, signs and symptoms can be intensified by stress. They tend to be more common in dry, cold seasons. As for the causes, the following are cited:
- Irritated, oily or dry skin.
- You don’t wash your hair enough.
- The presence of a fungus known as malassezia. It feeds on the oils found in the scalp of most adults.
- Contact dermatitis – appears from the use of certain hair care products.
- Other skin conditions, such as psoriasis and eczema.
Apparently, this condition would be controlled with an apple cider vinegar home remedy that we show you below. Anecdotal data suggests that its use could reduce flaking and relieve symptoms associated with this problem.
Yes, OK there is no scientific evidence to support its effects in treating dandruffA article by Research on natural products points out that this product has antimicrobial potential, so it would limit the growth of some bacteria and fungi.
How to use this vinegar home remedy for dandruff?
Although, as mentioned, there are no studies demonstrating the effectiveness of vinegar for controlling dandruff, you can check the results yourself, as its use is considered safe. To enjoy the benefits of this home remedy, the following steps must be taken into account:
- Start, Dilute half a cup of apple cider vinegar in one and a half cups of warm water.
- Shampoo hair and rinse as usual.
- Apply the vinegar all over your scalp with the help of a cotton ball. and massage gently for about 3-5 minutes.
- Let it dry naturally.
- If you feel it is necessary, use the conditioner.
- You can repeat this process every day until you notice an improvement in your symptoms.
Other alternative remedies for dandruff
The itching and flaking characteristic of dandruff can be controlled in most cases. There are several alternative dandruff shampoos on the market that help reduce oiliness and buildup of skin cells. You may have to try more than one option to find the right one. according to your case.
But in addition, there are other measures that could reduce the symptoms of this condition. So, if you suffer from this skin problem, you can also try the following:
- Stress Control: As much as possible, it’s important to learn how to manage negative emotions, as they can affect your overall health. While it sounds weird, it might as well get worse dandruff symptoms.
- Eating a balanced diet: include enough zincB vitamins and certain types of fat in the diet can help prevent dandruff.
- Wash your hair often with shampoo: If you suffer from an oily scalp, shampooing it every day will help loosen the flakes. To achieve this, gently massage the area and rinse thoroughly.
- Limit hair care products: This is because styling products can build up on your hair and scalp, making it more greasy.
On the other hand, the use of tea tree oil also has positive effects for controlling this problem. This is thanks to its antiseptic, antibiotic and antifungal properties. However, this alternative causes irritation in people with sensitive skin.
Possible side effects
Do not forget that it is important to monitor the results of using apple cider vinegar or any other dandruff remedy. Some products can make symptoms worse.
As for vinegar, since it is a very acidic substance, it can cause burns when applied to the skin. In this case, it is best to stop using it and consult your doctor to find the appropriate treatment depending on the case.
Finally, it is worth mentioning that dandruff often requires a multi-pronged approach. Here because, It should be understood that vinegar is not the magic solution to the problembut another option.
The post Vinegar Home Remedy For Dandruff appeared first in research-school.