Volauvans stuffed with mushrooms and bacon can easily be made at home and are great as a starter. We will offer you a recipe with a few steps so that you can surprise your visitors. Of course, keep in mind that their consumption should be moderate, as they are made with a type of smoked meat.
Before starting, The importance of introducing foods of animal origin into the diet should be underlined.. These provide many quality nutrients, even if not all are equally wholesome. It is necessary to optimize the cooking and conservation methods, and to choose certain pieces, avoiding the regular intake of offal. It is best to alternate between the different options on the market.
Ingredients for the volovane stuffed with mushrooms and bacon
If you want to prepare delicious volauvans stuffed with mushrooms and bacon, you will need the following ingredients:
- 12 small puff pastry volavans.
- 300 grams of shiitake mushrooms.
- 60 grams of Bacon.
- 2 medium onions.
- 3 tablespoons of white wine.
- 100 milliliters of chicken or vegetable broth.
- 1/2 teaspoon flour.
- Fresh parsley.
- Extra virgin olive oil.
Step by step
Puff pastry could be made at home, but it is difficult to obtain an optimal result and give it the necessary shape. For this we advise you to opt for the one already prepared; thus, you will speed up the process. Of course, it is advisable to look at the ingredients to verify that it does not contain totally or partially hydrogenated fats; i.e. poor quality.
- Cut the Bacon in small pieces.
- Immediately after, put it in a pan with a base of extra virgin olive oil until it is golden brown, acquiring a crunchy consistency. There is also the possibility of carrying out this step without oil, using only the fat that the bacon itself releases. When it’s ready, make a reservation for later.
- At the same time, cut the onion brunoise; i.e. in very small cubes.
- Also cut the mushrooms into small pieces.
- Skim off any fat left in the pan after searing the Bacon and introduce the onion with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. It is advisable to add salt to speed up cooking, which will take place over a low heat for 20 minutes. It is important that the onion has a soft texture.
- When this is obtained, add the white wine and let the alcohol evaporate.
- To continue, add the flour and cook everything again for a couple of minutes, adding the mushrooms immediately after.
- At this point add the broth and the Bacon, and turn down the heat.
- Continue cooking until the sauce reduces and becomes creamy.
- Finally add the chopped parsley and fill the volovane.
Benefits of mushroom and bacon volauvans
Regular consumption of pancetta is not indicated as part of a healthy diet, but nothing will happen if it is eaten sporadic. In this way, the inclusion of vol-au-vent with mushrooms and bacon as part of a balanced and varied diet can have undoubted health benefits.
For example, mushrooms have many phytochemicals with antioxidant capacity. These elements neutralize the formation of free radicals and their subsequent accumulation in the body’s tissues. This effect reduces the risk of getting sick, according to a study published in the journal European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry.
Likewise, this recipe contains high biological value proteins. These have all the essential amino acids, so they help promote muscle recovery after intense effort. This is evidenced by A research published in the journal Nutrients.
However, There is one detail that must be taken into account. When using wine in the brew, it will be vital to ensure that the alcohol evaporates optimally. Otherwise, you would be consuming an item that they proved be harmful to the body in the medium term, especially affecting the central nervous system. However, if cooking is sufficient, no traces will remain and the problem will be eliminated.
Make mushroom and bacon volauvans at home
As you saw, It’s really easy to make mushroom and bacon volauvans at home, especially if you get the puff pastry already prepared. You just have to make sure it is of good quality to avoid consuming trans fats which can affect the normal functioning of the body.
Finally, remember that it is essential to promote a set of habits when the goal is to maintain optimal health over the years. Above all, it is necessary to ensure the regular practice of physical exercise, paying particular attention to the work of muscular strength. Thus, inflammation and oxidation in the internal environment will be kept in check.
The post Volovanes Stuffed with Mushrooms and Bacon: Step by Step first appeared on research-school.